ok, here are some codes i'm getting...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 07:58 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, here are some codes i'm getting...

P0603 Power Train Control Module Keep Alive Error

P0478 Exhaust Pressure Control Valve High Input (this one tripping my engine lite)

P1211 This code is normal for Tuned Engines....? what the heck is this..?

I'm just wondering if any of these are worth worrying about, will any of them result in damage, and can i/should i do anything to illiminate any of them from reoccuring..?

Old 10-07-2005, 09:16 PM
hotshothauler
Junior User
1999 PSD( PO603) I get this all the time.(Superchips). I pulled a( P0472) Fault due to line from sensor to exhaust manifold was damaged.(p1211) I have read that some mods require that an upgrade of the HPOP is required to maintain fuel pressure for these applications. May be wrong but just a guess.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:21 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
i am starting to think that the power drop-off i am getting is hpop related... bummer..

Old 10-07-2005, 09:29 PM
hotshothauler
Junior User
I am not an expert by all means, but I read and remember and I read that upgrades to fuel supply mean upgrades to fuel delivery I may be wrong dont quote me!

Old 10-07-2005, 10:14 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The P1211 is ICP not controllable, pressure above or below desired. The reason that every chip and tuner has the capacity to set that code is they all ramp up the pressure to get more fuel in. It's pretty unlikely that you're running out of HPO with stock injectors. Is HPO pressure one of the parameters that the Predator can capture? Pretty easy to rule out a pump problem if it can.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:34 PM
wycowboy
Elder User
What's with this code (P0603) what dose this mean?? I got this too on the SCTM J

Old 10-07-2005, 11:33 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Almost everybody gets that code. It's set when you install a tuner, unhook the batteries...anything that disrupts the PCM memory. It's akin to resetting the radio presets when the batts. are unhooked. Annoying, but not a real problem.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Hello
Senior User
I have a feeling as the P1211 code is set, the computer will limit the oil pressure just to protect itself. And I have a feeling Diablo purposely left the computer safeguard in. They could have fooled it with tuning or even turned off the code.
The best way to get more fuel without setting this code is higher flowing injectors and higher capacity oil pump. Then tune it with a chip. You'll also need a bigger turbo for more air, and high flow intake. Also a high performance trannie will soon be in your future. And if you have powder metal rods you might need a new engine soon.
Me... I know my limits, and just live with the code, and just clear it with the Predator.

Old 10-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by cookie88
Is HPO pressure one of the parameters that the Predator can capture? Pretty easy to rule out a pump problem if it can.
I'm just learning about the Predator and the data logging feature is one of the things that I haven't looked at yet. If it looks at HPOP that would be excellent. So far I have not had any drop off in power even with the SES light on and boost at 28 psi. I haven't had the room in this stinkin' Seattle traffic to really lay on the throttle either. We may be smaller in size up here, but we are just as clogged as Los Angeles.
I'll be sort of busy this weekend with one of the grandsons over for a visit, so I can't really spend some time on it until next weekend.
Johnny8 I would guess that your exhaust code is simply from too much drive pressure on the exhaust side of the turbo for the computer to be happy.

Old 10-08-2005, 09:29 PM
wycowboy
Elder User
thanks scott. any real way to know if is a real code or just being bumped by the tuner?

Old 10-08-2005, 10:10 PM
unluckylow
Senior User
Originally Posted by cookie88
Almost everybody gets that code. It's set when you install a tuner, unhook the batteries...anything that disrupts the PCM memory. It's akin to resetting the radio presets when the batts. are unhooked. Annoying, but not a real problem.

I run the programer and Ive never gotton that code, Im starting to think somethings really wrong with my engine, I hope not