Why?????? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Why??????

Old 10-06-2005, 10:37 AM
caseys
Posting Guru
caseys has a good reputation on FTE.caseys has a good reputation on FTE.
Why??????

Posted a couple times looking for input on the Gemtop GT Classic hard top tonneau...one read 11 times another 26 times...not one comment.

Other posters have had the same thought as me regarding their postings about the Gemtop and geting no comments. Not on just this forum but on other forums as well.

Why????

Think I am beginning to figure this one out but would like to be enlightened.

Thanks for listening.

Casey

Old 10-15-2005, 06:28 PM
trumpboy77
Senior User
trumpboy77 is starting off with a positive reputation.
ask a spesifc question

Old 10-15-2005, 11:58 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
If you mean a "specific" question, this is what I posted earlier:

I previously submitted this post under the Ford Ranger forum...been read lots but no comments.

Any thoughts to share about the Gemtop GT Classic hard tonneau? We are looking for a low profile hard tonneau for our daughter's 2005 Ranger. Appreciate any input before we decide on this purchase.

Thank you
Casey

Have a 2005 Ranger and looking for a low profile hard tonneau. Any thoughts out there on the Gemtop GT Classic?

Thanks
Casey

...I was hoping that someone would have a pros or cons input on the Gemtop T Classic. Of all the research that I have done on-line, one thing has been consistant...there has not been one comment on the Gemtop GT Classic to anyone's question.

General questions about ARE, Lund, Veracover...just to name a few, and there are many others, resulted in numerous thoughts and comments. Interesting enough, little to none on the Gemtop GT Classic.

Specific question? My question was specific...and simple. Why? ...as it related to the lack of thoughts or comments.

The answer was simple too...a deafening quiet. I get it...nothing further is needed.

Casey

Last edited by caseys; 10-15-2005 at 11:58 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 10-16-2005, 12:47 AM
trumpboy77
Senior User
trumpboy77 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i know that there have been a lot of posts on those. try a search for them. ive seen them dissused numorus times.

Old 10-16-2005, 11:17 AM
caseys
Posting Guru
trumpboy77...have searched, zilch. Even tried mining the internet outside this forum for comments/thoughts and found just one. Lots of hits on sales but looking for a discussion on the pros and cons, which I am not finding. Another person posting on another forum is feeling the same pain as I have...with no opinions from anyone.

Does make a person to sit back and wonder about the lack of input on a product. I even emailed a person I know that works in an industry that sells the Gemtop and he is reluctant to comment...either to protect his job (understandably) or maybe he has nothing nice to say about the product. Bottom line, I have come to realize that I would be best to look at something else.

Thank you for engaging in this conversation.

Casey

Old 10-16-2005, 10:51 PM
soakley
New User
soakley is starting off with a positive reputation.
If your that curious about them, just buy one and form your own opinions that you can share to everyone else that is asking about them...

Old 10-16-2005, 11:41 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Soakley...interesting concept but financially unsound. But then again, if you believe in your theory then would you please buy one and share your opinion with me?

Old 10-16-2005, 11:46 PM
soakley
New User
soakley is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes, that is probably what I would do if I were in the market. I (reason for not stating an opinion on quality) actually havn't even heard of these. Check into them and see what kind of a guarentee they have. If you get 30 days to try it out, you could learn a lot in a month's time with the product. Again, I know nothing about them and don't even have a guess as to what they cost. Just remember, the best opinion is your own. If you like it, then its a good deal!

Old 10-17-2005, 12:50 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Yeah, soakley, I agree with you. I have been researching the heck out of this one. The theory of "if you like it, then it's a good deal" is true. What makes me wonder is the lack of information, interest or public exposure to the Gemtop GT Classic. If it was such a great product then I think the word would be out. My decision is to not dwell on this albatross any longer and move on to looking at other tried and true products...