Sponsored by: DP Tuner

dual turbos?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 09:06 AM
shoobear
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dual turbos?

Ok, so i hear that ford is putting on a turbo off each side of there new fords in 07,A stock ford with 500hp!!!. Has anybody tried this on a 7.3? It is a tempting mod if it dosnt bend everything! Im not a turbo guru and i know this site has many so i put the question out to u.
cheers
shawn

Old 10-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
Originally Posted by shoobear
Ok, so i hear that ford is putting on a turbo off each side of there new fords in 07,A stock ford with 500hp!!!. Has anybody tried this on a 7.3? It is a tempting mod if it dosnt bend everything! Im not a turbo guru and i know this site has many so i put the question out to u.
cheers
shawn
See now that's the way to do it IMO, but I've heard in the 6.4 forum that they are going to be sequential, not parallel. One bigger than the other.
With two variable vane turbos side by side you'll get a lot less turbo lag than with one bigger one, plus the ability to flow a lot more air without overheating the charge air.
With two sequential you can build a ton of boost, but IMO the EGT goes way up.
Maybe that explains the 4 EGR valves that the 6.4 is rumored to have.
But heck yeah I would love to see dual side by side turbos on my truck.
The Audi S4 does that right now with the 2.7t. Not much can keep up with it.

Old 10-06-2005, 07:56 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have seen triple sequential turbos on a powerstroke, but that is something different. i do not think there would be enough room to install another turbo in the location opposite of the crank line of where the one is now. but the 6.4TT will be twin sequential, meaning that the two manifolds join together and spool the little one which feeds a big turbo.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:28 PM
lukecline
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
With two sequential you can build a ton of boost, but IMO the EGT goes way up.

Egt's will go down. If set up correctly twins will spool as well as a single smaller charger. Ive ridden in a twinned psd that IIR was using an hx40/ ht3b combo and all i can say is wow. The setup spooled as good or better than my h2e, pulled hard and cleared up 240 cc's of fuel from hybrid injectors. My h2e probably wont clear up that much fuel, but in a week or so i will know for sure. If you are really interested in twins call beans diesel performance at 615-563-7800 and talk to Ryan Bean.

luke

Old 10-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
Lukecline I learn something new every day.