lightning vs. hemi - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

lightning vs. hemi

  #16  
Old 10-12-2005, 11:12 AM
jurias
jurias is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 57
jurias is starting off with a positive reputation.
let me tell you guys that until you drive a hemi and really drive it your comments and thoughts are just that. I do not comment on F-150 or Lightning's because i have never driven one and i think that if I was to drive one i would love it i love trucks no matter what brand they are (american of course). What i like about my hemi is that you have hp/tq at high RPM unlike other motors they have it at low RPM and what do you do after that because that motor runs out of power at 3600rpm unlike the hemi gets power up to 5600 RPM. just my two cents. lets just enjoy our trucks and not worry about the neighbors truck because then all you think about is what a crappy truck they got and never really enjoy what your truck really has. by the way i own a 2003 Navigator.
 
  #17  
Old 10-12-2005, 11:44 AM
FRECSF
FRECSF is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 184
FRECSF is starting off with a positive reputation.
For you guys that believe the hemi is over rated, underpowered etc... there are a few all engine (non power adder) running 13.8's, which is not very far from a stock blown lightning.

The fastest I know of with a NOS is 12.49.

What does a stock Gen 1 Lightning run, low 15's?
What is the fastest all motor stock engine Gen 1 lightning?

In 1978 Dodge had a sport truck naturally asperated that was the fastest factory production vehical out of the big three, that is including the corvette. It ran 13.8's with a 360.

Just putting things in perspective a bit.
 
  #18  
Old 10-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Blurry94's Avatar
Blurry94
Blurry94 is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Calhoun GA
Posts: 3,138
Blurry94 has a great reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a great reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a great reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by jurias
...What i like about my hemi is that you have hp/tq at high RPM unlike other motors they have it at low RPM and what do you do after that because that motor runs out of power at 3600rpm unlike the hemi gets power up to 5600 RPM. just my two cents. lets just enjoy our trucks and not worry about the neighbors truck because then all you think about is what a crappy truck they got and never really enjoy what your truck really has. by the way i own a 2003 Navigator.
Excuse me, what motors are you refering to that run out of power at "higher" RPM's???
And for the sake of the vehicle, it is a truck, it tows, hauls, works at lower RPM, which is where the torque/power should be. And yes, I did drive a Hemi (not just a little test drive either), and that is why I still drive a Ford, and I'm very happy with it.
It is a moot point to even argue about it because I am not going to change my opinion. Everyone has their reasons (good or bad) why they choose and drive the vehicles they do...so be it. I just think it is ridiculous to put a motor like that (Hemi) in a truck only to have the transmission limit some of the hp/tq because the driveline isn't up to par.
 
  #19  
Old 10-13-2005, 12:05 PM
slickerthanyou
slickerthanyou is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 168
slickerthanyou is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't own either. I would prefer a "L" as I too have driven both and like the power distribution as well as "Lincoln" ride it has. I have a FS Bronco and currently use a "L" C3P2. I have notice a definite increase in throttle response, It has developed a small hiccup at idle but worth the trade off. As I am learning about using a laptop to tune in I'm sure i'll be able to cure any computer issues I find.
 
  #20  
Old 10-30-2005, 12:19 PM
bhodgin's Avatar
bhodgin
bhodgin is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Detroit
Posts: 171
bhodgin is starting off with a positive reputation.
It is funny you guys talking about the hemis. Take hemi heads off and take to a mechanic, ask him if it is a hemi. he will say NO. The hemi is a gimmick. It is just a plain old Mopar piece of whatever. If you want a hemi buy a Ford Escort, they have hemisperical heads. Personally I dislike dodge for producing expensive plastic crap in bulk. The only thing I have ever liked abou them is Cummins. Next time you race one tell them what they got under the hood. Try do drive safe while passing all those hemis guys. Keep up the good work. I always wanted a lightning, but i am broke.
 
  #21  
Old 10-30-2005, 02:26 PM
Matt95L
Matt95L is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 116
Matt95L is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by FRECSF
For you guys that believe the hemi is over rated, underpowered etc... there are a few all engine (non power adder) running 13.8's, which is not very far from a stock blown lightning.

The fastest I know of with a NOS is 12.49.

What does a stock Gen 1 Lightning run, low 15's?
What is the fastest all motor stock engine Gen 1 lightning?
There are a few bolton n/a gen1s in the high 13s

Originally Posted by FRECSF
In 1978 Dodge had a sport truck naturally asperated that was the fastest factory production vehical out of the big three, that is including the corvette. It ran 13.8's with a 360.

Just putting things in perspective a bit.
The Lil red express was the fastest production vehicle in 78,but didn't run anywhere near 13.8s.They ran low/mid 15s.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Always_A_Ford
Supercharger, Turbocharger, Nitrous Oxide & Water/Methanol Injection
4
03-30-2009 11:57 AM
bronco351
Ford vs The Competition
16
04-02-2005 06:39 PM
bronco351
Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
8
03-25-2004 06:05 PM
bronco351
Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
36
12-15-2003 05:12 PM
Redneckerson
Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
9
10-30-2002 01:28 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lightning vs. hemi


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.