1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

My two '66 p/u's survived Hurricane Katrina

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Voodoo66
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My two '66 p/u's survived Hurricane Katrina

I'm glad to report that my two 1966 pickup's survived Katrina as far as damage but since we just got back home this past weekend they are begging to be driven but gas is so scarce im unable to do so. Can't say the same for my dad's trucks (81 F100, 1990 F350, 88 & 91 BroncoII) they all sustained damage in many ways. I was lucky enough not to suffer any home damage but my parents lost just about everything in their house but the most of the main shell of the house. The news is not doing any justice what it is really like down here in New Orleans area, We live in Kenner about 1 mile from Lake Pontchatrain. I would like to hear from any others from our 'Slick 60's' family who has been hit from Katrina.

Please keep us in your daily prayers that Hurricane Rita doesnt come our way due to the fact that we only need 3 feet of rain before we flood agian.

I'm using my computer at work since I have no phone service, nor cable service just yet........I do have pictures of the destruction from many angles since I did stay in town for the storm so when I have the opportunity I will try to get some up on here.

But I would like to know if everyone else in Katrina's path survived okay.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:27 AM
IBeam
Senior User
Good news on the Trucks, and the best of luck on Rita. I hope your Parents were insured.

As for gas, they said on the news today that gas prices will take another spike becuase Rita will take out more Oil Fileds around Texas.

Old 09-21-2005, 01:57 PM
dendyr
Senior User
Good luck hope you farwell with rita.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:18 AM
FordBoypete
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey VooDoo . . .
Man Am I glad to read that post Buddy!
I been thinking & worrying about you ever since that fateful weekend when I realized where that darn storm was going to make shore!

We had people out there Monday night but they made us sit on the interstate until Wednesday. A couple Ice trucks ran out of diesel fuel in their Thermokings & started to have ice melting. . . . it was a real goatrope!

I hope your local emergency management people get their stuff together better in case there is another hit sometime. They didn't have LSAs or staging areas for any of the incoming assistance, and they definitely lacked Unified Command there. Our people couldn't get hold of anybody. They had no idea where to check in either. Finally They backtracked to Mississippi & rendered assistance there instead.

They were pretty stressed out over that when they got back to FL last week. Being out there, seeing the destruction & not being able to move in or, help for 2 days after it happened upset them. On wed Tallahassee re-assigned them to Biloxi. Too bad they didn't get to help y'all out there VooDoo. FL teams are tops in urban search & rescue and in victim support too.

We're still with ya in spirit and in prayer tho'. I feel your stress & tension with ya. We know about Hurricanes more than I care to, especially after those 5 in FL last year. I wouldn't wish one on anybody, except maybe over in the Mid East there, where all that destruction, death & damage might do some good as a message from Allah.

FBp

Last edited by jowilker; 09-22-2005 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:00 AM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
Glad to see you posting Voodoo

Sorry 'bout the folks house

Old 09-22-2005, 07:00 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Our prayers are with you and all of your neighbors.

Looks like a repete is setting up with Rita.

John

Old 09-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Voodoo66
Junior User
I appreciate the thoughts from everyone...........yes the emergency management group is definitely illequipped or qualified for the jobs they are doing. That just goes to show you how great the government is. We will make it though.

I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.

Old 09-22-2005, 08:29 AM
berkad
Posting Guru
I have friends in Kenner and they too were some of the furtunate ones. I only wish we could say that about everyone. I hope there good people in Texas get out and let mother nature take her course. You can replace everything but a life.

Old 09-24-2005, 10:52 PM
camperspecial65
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too am glad you fared fairly well....news is sad....all that scrap....not a darn thing to be saved from any of those flooded cars...have seen a few 73-9 trucks flooded....But Im glad yours fared well....as much as we love or trucks and some/most might say they would die w/o them....Katrina sure puts that into perspective....an inantimate object cant love you back or gripe even like our loved ones....family is a good thing to have and Im glad all are well on your end....

cs65