Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

hunting

Old 09-20-2005, 05:03 PM
conter4x4
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking hunting

hey there.

im stuck in germany right now but im about to get out of the army and trying to make it back in time for opening day hoping someone has some good leads on where the elk are up on the clearwater game range. of any info on how the hunting season looks for this year. i know you are a bunch of rednecks that hunt and 4x. just like me.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've never hunted that particular area, but have driven the Swan Highway down through Clearwater Junction. Usually on the way home in the evenings, elk herds will cross the highway between Condon and Clearwater. There's some nice areas down there, but I can't help ya with the access points. Good luck!

Old 09-21-2005, 03:05 PM
conter4x4
Junior User
yeah ive seen alot of animals and hunted there once about 9 years ago but ive been tied up in the army for the last seven so i havent had a chance to get any good hunting in. if you know what i mean. hell the last time i hunted anything it was dogs and insurgents in iraq. and only the feral dogs were fun cause they dont shoot back lol. thanks though.

Old 09-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, as one veteran to another.. ( Vietnam, here) .... when you finally get home, I'd love to meet you and shake your hand and give you the welcome home that we didn't get. I want you to know that no matter what the liberal medial portrays, there are those of us who have some idea of what's going on over there and your support is much stronger than the liberal media would have you, or the enemy, believe.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've never been up that way... but check out www.fwp.state.mt.us That will give you some block management details and game preserve regulations.

I'm stuck with 6 deer tags, 5 of them are doe tags... whatever am I going to do...

Old 09-26-2005, 05:00 PM
conter4x4
Junior User
ha sounds like your gonna be hitting a few onion heads lol. well hopefully i make it back in time for the season opener. be in jordan and cushman that weekend. antelope and deer. gotta love those speed goats.

Search this Thread