1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

eBay and PayPal Threads

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
eBay and PayPal Threads

Fellas and gals, I had to move the three current threads on eBay and PayPal to the General Non-Automotive Forum as they really don't contain technical discussion about our trucks. I use eBay and PayPal myself and am interested in other folks opinions and experience, but we need to discuss it in the correct forum. I merged the threads since they happen to have all the posts in chronological order so there should not be any confusion.

Keep the discussion going there - I'm interested in any more comments.

Last edited by Earl; 09-16-2005 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:29 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No thanks - if we can not discuss that here then I don't care to go elsewhere. To many people I do not know. I like it better when I have a feeling for the person who is posting - - - -

And why move it? If you don't want us to talk about it anymore, why not just lock it? That way we do not lose the posts that have already been made.

Last edited by WillyB; 09-14-2005 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:10 AM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can understand Earl's point by moving the posts. If the topic has to do specifically with bidding or using ebay and paypal. It probably shouldn't be in this category. If it pertains to a year truck or even items for sale for our year trucks, then maybe its OK. Bottom line here is Earl is the moderator and he can do as he feels is the right thing to do... Earls a good guy and he's doing his best as moderator and I think he's doing a great job. We need to respect his opinion along with others who post in here. This is only my opinion, but moving the posts is no big deal. This site is still awesome as are the people who post in here.

Last edited by imlowr2; 09-15-2005 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:27 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
I agree, Earl is a good guy doing his best. He gets to call the shots and can stop or even erase any thread or post he wants to, and I won't complain. His job has to be as rewarding as herding cats.

I don't think it is fair to move one, though. If I had wanted to post on another forum I would have. He shouldn't have moved my post without asking me.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:19 AM
keith56_cruz_cab
Elder User
Earls real job is hearding cats
wow thats hard!

Old 09-15-2005, 02:59 PM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Yup,

Earl's right.

We should try to keep discussions relating to the thread. And the threads relating to the section! Almost all of them diverge(digress?) eventually though!!

Cheers,

Rick

Originally Posted by Earl
Fellas and gals, I had to move the three current threads on eBay and PayPal to the General Non-Automotive Forum as they really don't contain technical discussion about our trucks. I use eBay and PayPal myself and am interested in other folks opinions and experience, but we need to discuss it in the correct forum. I merged the threads since they happen to have all the posts in chronological order so there should be any confusion.

Keep the discussion going there - I'm interested in any more comments.

Old 09-15-2005, 03:54 PM
2bocat
Senior User
Talking Is Earl a technical post?

Anyone else as humored as I am that a non-technical post requestiong to move all non-technical posts to another forum has turned into a 7-post non-technical post about Earl in a technical forum?

Old 09-16-2005, 07:12 AM
theGman
Posting Guru
I also am humoured. This is what happens when right brained people are at the mercy of left brained people. Neither can understand the other.

Keep up the good work Earl.

Paul

Old 09-16-2005, 08:57 AM
cobraguy
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK Earl you got a stray Kitty go get em. Here I'll help. The lug nuts on my truck are 1/2" with 20 threads per inch. There we just got tecknickle.

Old 09-16-2005, 05:06 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Since I started the whole mess I would to add my two cents. I feel Earl did the right thing. The discussion did what I wanted it to do, make people aware of problems that could arise when dealing with people from a foreign country. It alerted everyone and now we can move one.

I too found it interesting that it ballooned like it did but that's not something new to this board. Sometime the littlest idea growns into two or three pages of replies. Keep it up.

Bob

Old 09-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I appreciate the comments - both positive and negative. I have a lot to learn as a moderator.

I apologize for not privately notifying everyone who posted in the threads. The number of posts sort of sprialed out of control before I got a good handle on things. Normally, I will privately notify members that their posts have been moved, merged, etc. and why the action was taken. In this case, a sticky thread seemed the best way to get the word out considering the number of folks involved.

In any case, I'll try to minimize the amount of disruption caused by moving posts and threads. I do, however, have a responsibility to steer the forum to the guidelines we all signed up for when we joined FTE.