General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Custom Hard Hats!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 06:11 PM
maticuno
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom Hard Hats!

This stemmed from a question I had that I didn't know where to put. So I just thought I'd make it a two parter so that I could just put it in the non-auto. First thing...are the smaller Ford emblems made of just plastic or is there metal in there too? I'm wanting to know because if it is just plastic I would like to take a heat gun to one and mold it so that I can glue it on the front of my hard hat for work.

Now for the question that will keep this post in here:

For those of you who work at a place that requires you to wear a hard hat, what have you done to customise yours? I have an Atari sticker on the front (going to be replaced with Ford emblem), a "Jackhammer Jockey" sticker on one side, a "Flammable means Fire!" sticker on the other, detachable ear muffs with a "Qualified Forklift Driver" sticker on one, and about 20 hose clip pins stuck on the back. I'll post pictures once I find my digital camera.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:16 PM
websthes
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wrote my name on mine. i got lots of company hats but i still wear the one from my first job.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:27 PM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
I just left mine plain. I dont have much of an imagination I guess.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:38 PM
mrxlh
Postmaster
I wear a BP hard hat with all of my stickers from various plants ect. My new company asked me why I don't wear the new one they gave me? My answer, that is not my hardhat, see mine has my name on it. Still wearing it today. It does have sentimental value to me though, it is the only thing I was ever given by someone offshore that wasn't a hard time.

Ryan

Old 09-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I still have the first one I got. Back in CT, a friend of mine stuck a bright orange bottle sticker right above my name, of course it said empty in big black letters. I was bored while tank watching one day, and started drawing on it. Eventually, it was mostly black with just a small oblong-shaped patch on each side that was the original yellow. I touched it up from time to time, but for now, it's just a beat to death hat. I had one that managed to walk off, I made the pattern of a Super Swamper tread diagonally across it, with "Got Mud?" on the side, all in brown puffy t-shirt paint. I hope whoever took it likes it, cause when I find it they'll eat it.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:58 PM
F15090300
Elder User
My uncle, being a plumber and working on large jobsites, has a plethora of inspectors running around. Once and a while, he'll get a large peice of styrofoam, wite "jag-off" or something similiar on it, make some duct-tape donuts, and gently place it on their hardhat.

The man is a geneous.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:00 PM
CheapRanger
Elder User
I had a friend who worked for a construction company (concrete, I believe)in CA years ago. Whenever they lost a bid, one of them showed up at the jobsite, in a company hat. INS. They normally ended up with the job anyway.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:02 PM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When our shop was located our 'other' location, we were issued hardhats.

Company rules: Only the company logo (on the front) - the Union logo on the left side and a reflective strip (1" wide x 3" long) on the back are allowed to be placed on the hardhats.
IF you were HazMat trained/certified, you were allowed to wear the HazMat logo on the right side.
Standard issue hardhats are/were safety yellow. 'Safety personnel' hardhats were green. Management hardhats - either white or orange.
ANY other artwork on the hardhat, was cause for discipline up to and including termination. (Depending on the artwork.)

Old 09-13-2005, 10:54 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Bulls eye on the front and suck it on the back, we design each others

Old 09-13-2005, 11:02 PM
13MWZ
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had all kinds of stickers mostly from go-fast-goodies I had bought for my truck on mine when I did construction. Later on I bought one that was painted up like a Dallas Cowboys helmet.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:51 PM
maticuno
Posting Guru
Cool so far, except for BlueOval. What an ****-retentive company that was! Any idea on the flexibility of a Ford emblem...anyone?

Old 09-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
I still have my first one from a concrete company. It has been carefully preserved with all of the scars and dirt on it over the years. It has my nickname engraved(scratched) on the front. I have a "company color" hat from another place I worked complete with company stickers and another that I go caving with that is heavily modified and trimmed. I have even worn one around the house when I was doing some nasty head banging type of work. They can save a lot of flesh and blood.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:52 AM
longview1
Fleet Mechanic
You have a good idea there with the ford emblem, unfortunately I cannot help you. Maybe just give it a try? see what happens.

I dont have to wear hard hat in the shop, but when i go to locations i have to have one (oil companies) So, all i have on mine is cnrl,devon,suncor and other coompany safety orientation sstickers. Id like to customize it someway one day.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:07 AM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hard hat? I don need no stinkin hard hat.

I got me a hard head, though.

Old 09-14-2005, 02:34 AM
RomerB2
Postmaster
I figured you'd come in and say something like that..

I don't have a hard hat, never had the need for one. But, if I ever do need one I want to make it with flames! I also like the bogger tread idea.

Quick Reply: Custom Hard Hats!