2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New AUX Adapter Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 10:47 AM
LACityFD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New AUX Adapter Installed!!

Well last night I got home from work, and sitting on the kitchen table was my brand new CAN-BUS aux controller.

The install was a breeze, and the sound quality is awesome, well at least a hell of a lot better than my fm modulator provided. Now I'm able to run my XM and iPod with a much cleaner and brighter sound.

Very happy with the controller!

Louie

Old 09-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Mr.BrrIce
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do U have any install pics?

Old 09-10-2005, 08:09 PM
chains
Junior User
I was anxious to hear how these work. I'm glad to hear that you've had success. Unfortunately, I've waited until just a week ago to order mine. I'm sure that it will be months until I have mine delivered. In anticipation though, I just bought an iPod. Can't wait. Thanks for letting us know.

Old 09-10-2005, 09:41 PM
whiskerbiscuit
Freshman User
Where did you pull power from?

I started to install mine, but was not sure where to pull power from. I was going to pull the power from the accessorry outlet on the right side of the radio, but haven't made the connection yet. Where did you pull the power from?

Old 09-11-2005, 01:32 PM
flya750
Freshman User
Where can you buy this CAN-BUS controller?

You don't need the Audiophile stereo correct?

Thanks

Old 09-12-2005, 11:15 AM
LACityFD
Senior User
You need the stereo that has the "aux" button on the front of the head unit. If you have that you should be good to go.

Whiskerbiscuit:

I pulled power from the same place I pulled my XM power, from the power delay relay going to the head unit. I'm not sure which color it is comin off the back of the head unit, but I pulled it from there so that it was time delayed with my head unit in sync.

I'll try and post some install pix.

-Louie

Old 09-12-2005, 02:06 PM
bigtexan99
Laughing Gas
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
How much? Where to buy?

Old 09-12-2005, 08:40 PM
whiskerbiscuit
Freshman User
Originally Posted by LACityFD
I pulled power from the same place I pulled my XM power, from the power delay relay going to the head unit. I'm not sure which color it is comin off the back of the head unit, but I pulled it from there so that it was time delayed with my head unit in sync.

I'll try and post some install pix.

-Louie
After I installed the unit I was looking at the logjam electronics forum website. There were posts on the forum that the adapter should always have power and not be switched off. It also stated that many people have had problems when they hooked the adapter up to a switched power source. The 12V adapter plug is always on (got lucky while installing - power relay turned off while I was hooking up wires and I still had juice), so I should be ok. Just thought you might like to know incase you run into problems.

Originally Posted by bigtexan99
How much? Where to buy?
I purchased mine from logjam electronics for $69.95. This was a pre-order at the time and I believe the new price is $89.95. I really have to thank logjam because they honored their original price even though PIE increased it on them. I would definitely buy from them again.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:34 PM
LACityFD
Senior User
Well I haven't had any problems using the switched power source although I have ran into a slight issue. It seems that if I use the aux, and then shut the car off, upon turning the car or acc back on it defaults to the AM/FM and not not back to the aux (when the aux was the last thing I was using). Maybe using an always hot line would solve it.

Old 09-14-2005, 08:41 PM
JackDob
New User
Well I haven't had any problems using the switched power source although I have ran into a slight issue. It seems that if I use the aux, and then shut the car off, upon turning the car or acc back on it defaults to the AM/FM and not not back to the aux (when the aux was the last thing I was using). Maybe using an always hot line would solve it.
Mine returns to AUX when I turn it on. I sourced my 12v fron the lighter.

Jack

Old 09-14-2005, 11:44 PM
chains
Junior User
Car installation cables for iPod

I expect to get my PIE adapter tomorrow. I want to install it Friday night. I plan to simply use a cable from the earphone jack directly to the adapter for now. Soon, however I want to hook it up more professionally by using the dock port for analog out and power. What choices are out there similar to Belkin? Are there any hardwire cables without the cigarette plug on the end? Also, what options are there as far as mounting my 60 gig color iPod? I hope mine sounds as good as all the posts that I've read lately! Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Old 09-15-2005, 12:29 AM
LACityFD
Senior User
This is what I did for the iPod....

Belkin makes a lighter plug that has a 3.5mm (earphone size) jack at the end of it (on the lighter plug end) with a built in amplifier. The other end plugs into the iPods dock port. This charges the Pod and provides an audio output using only one connection to the Pod...

I installed a cigarette plug behind the dash (just took power from the existing lighter plug) and plugged the Belkin into that, along with the audio cable.

I then drilled a hole (big enough for the dock port to fit thru) in the dash tray, and then a slit in the corner of the dash tray rubber mat so the cable can run up cleanly. You see none of this at all, unless you were to pull the mat out.

It all fits cleanly, looks clean and works extremely well.

Old 09-28-2005, 11:36 PM
auribe14
New User
Which adapter do you have? The new FRD04-AUX is not supposed to be compatible with the Expedition. Does your HU have the AUX and the SAT buttons?

Old 09-29-2005, 07:08 PM
GordoPanocho
Elder User
LACityFD ... and all your pictures of this are where!? Shame on you for posting without pics! We need to see it too!!!

Old 10-09-2005, 12:20 PM
dgoetz
Junior User
I just got my PIE adapter installed yesterday, and at first ran into the same issue with the radio going back to AM/FM everytime I turned the truck back on. It seems to af fixed it after I pressed and held the AUX button. It will first change to say no CD/DVD, and I held it until it went back to saying AUX. Now the truck will always start up with the radio in AUX

Quick Reply: New AUX Adapter Installed!!