Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a sluggish window?

Old 08-24-2005, 07:08 AM
cleatus12r
Post Fiend
cleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputationcleatus12r has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Boydz
so is it very tough to replace the acuators for the locks ?
I have 3 out of 4 that dont seem to work right on a 2000 Dually.

Thanx
Ryan
The actuators are a PITA on the Super Duty trucks.....

Cody

Old 08-27-2005, 08:46 AM
rmilchman
Elder User
rmilchman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Boydz
so is it very tough to replace the acuators for the locks ?
I have 3 out of 4 that dont seem to work right on a 2000 Dually.

Thanx
Ryan
Takes about 45 minutes per actuator. Here are some step by step photos that someone had sent me.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...?userid=190355

Old 01-20-2006, 12:52 PM
harleylife
New User
harleylife is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the tip. I tried it on my '01 F-150 and it worked like a charm.....thanks again.

Old 01-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Kwikkordead
Post Fiend
Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by harleylife
Thanks for the tip. I tried it on my '01 F-150 and it worked like a charm.....thanks again.
Welcome to FTE harleylife. I joined a couple of years ago to learn about how to fix my truck. It's been the best investment of time ever.

Old 01-20-2006, 04:46 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
PowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rmilchman
Takes about 45 minutes per actuator. Here are some step by step photos that someone had sent me.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...?userid=190355
wow thats a great link!

old post but great link!

Old 02-03-2010, 12:53 AM
2000ca250
Posting Guru
2000ca250 has a good reputation on FTE.2000ca250 has a good reputation on FTE.
just throwing it out there, if you dont want to buy a new actuator do a search on here for the tin foil mod inside the actuator. First thing i did on my truck, was a pain in the *** for the first one, then easier on the second one...basically removes a resistor. they work great now

Old 02-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Kwikkordead
Post Fiend
Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
A 2005 thread in 2010. Wow.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:07 AM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster
WA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead View Post
Wow is right Dan! I was trying to remember when I posted in this thread after reading the email.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:09 AM
danskool
Go Bills !
danskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to behold
Still a good thread to bump.. I have it bookmarked as a reminder to do mine.. Both of mine have became sluggish..

Old 02-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Izzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud of
I need to re-lube mine. Coming up on three years since I did it. While I'm in there, I need to fix my rear-passenger door lock actuator.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:45 AM
1buzzbait
Elder User
1buzzbait is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
instead of pulling door panels--(hate to pull on trim panels and loosen the push pins etc unless i have to)--i use "Aqua-Lube"--from kent automotive--i put dat shizz on everything!!!

Old 02-03-2010, 09:41 AM
SpringerPop
Too old to be too smart
SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead View Post
Old, yes, but by no means a record.

Pop

Old 02-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Izzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 1buzzbait View Post
instead of pulling door panels--(hate to pull on trim panels and loosen the push pins etc unless i have to)--i use "Aqua-Lube"--from kent automotive--i put dat shizz on everything!!!
Door panels are attached by screws...

Old 07-22-2011, 03:11 PM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend
4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of
Bumpin this thread for two reasons.

1. I just lubbed mine and the only thing that makes me angry about it is the fact that it took all of 30min. to do and i have procrastinated on it for about 3 months now.

2. If you need extra help removing the door panel or if you need to actually replace the motor check out my thread.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...or-w-pics.html

Old 07-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Kwikkordead
Post Fiend
And I am replying, Nolan, that since I did that job way back when, I have not had to repeat the procedure once.
All four windows are still operating perfectly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got a sluggish window?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.