off road fuel....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 08:20 AM
J.W.Neely
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a pard down in South Texas that paid a 10K fine this year for the red stuff, ouch.
The dang feds waited outside a cattle auction and checked all who left , he got caught.

Old 08-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
WVO and homemade biodiesel are the same as running red fuel.
The fines are the same, the penalties are the same.
It is still untaxed fuel.
I just went through a red fuel stop this week in WV.
He did ask me what my exhaust smells like, I said check it out.
The "WV State Tax Department Criminal Investigation Division" is sending all their officers to a seminar in Columbus Ohio this coming week on the steps needed to detect homemade biodiesel and WVO.

Here they stop diesel Volkswagons to check for red fuel.
The sign posted right before the checkpoint says "All diesel vehicles pull to the right shoulder for a fuel inspection".
All the states and feds want is the .50 cents a gallon road use tax so they can maintain the highways and build new ones.

This is a direct quote from the little paper they give you at the checkpoint;
"The goal of the untaxed diesel fuel inspection program is increased motor fuel tax compliance, which results in all highway users paying their fair share to construct and maintain highways in West Virginia."

Old 08-13-2005, 03:36 PM
DR JOE
Senior User
Did any one notice that there is NO home address for the company??? The phone area code is in Louisiana so that limmits it down to small part of the state. If any one on here lived tur the oil crisis in the 70's know that there were hundreds of gas saving products to be had and they all work just like they said.. hahaha

Old 10-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Kaw Valley Dude
Freshman User
Just a side note. I used to work at a Mobil station in Missouri back in the mid-ninties. We didn't sell off-road deisel, but we discounted the tax for off-road use. The farmers gave us their tax ID number, we put it on the ticket, and they got the same fuel for less $. They would fill the tank in the back of the truck, and I kid you not, at the same time, pump the fuel from the in-bed tank to the truck tank! Right there at the fuel pump. Unless some Fed saw you doing it, you're home-free.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:36 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Dave Sponaugle
WVO and homemade biodiesel are the same as running red fuel.
The fines are the same, the penalties are the same.
It is still untaxed fuel.
I just went through a red fuel stop this week in WV.
He did ask me what my exhaust smells like, I said check it out.
The "WV State Tax Department Criminal Investigation Division" is sending all their officers to a seminar in Columbus Ohio this coming week on the steps needed to detect homemade biodiesel and WVO.

Here they stop diesel Volkswagons to check for red fuel.
The sign posted right before the checkpoint says "All diesel vehicles pull to the right shoulder for a fuel inspection".
All the states and feds want is the .50 cents a gallon road use tax so they can maintain the highways and build new ones.

This is a direct quote from the little paper they give you at the checkpoint;
"The goal of the untaxed diesel fuel inspection program is increased motor fuel tax compliance, which results in all highway users paying their fair share to construct and maintain highways in West Virginia."

Here in Oregon, the state has NO provisions for collecting road taxes on biodiesel or wvo. Nor will there be for at least 2 more years, AND we farmers here are working with the state to put in place incentives for the production and use of biodiesel. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. P.S. Fellow down the road from me was hauling hay for me last mo.....got caught with off-road diesel, $10,000 fine,they impounded his truck and trailer and MY hay! Cost him $5,000 to get my hay and his truck back!! He is now broke and may lose his farm............. It ain't worth it. FABMANDELUX.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:19 PM
rufaast
Mountain Pass
I thought that OFFROAD diesel was being allowed right now,, is this TRUE or FALSE?

I havent heard or read anything about WVO diesel being illegal, as some have put it, as long as you pay the taxes..

Old 10-05-2005, 04:22 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
there are allowing it but you must show proof of how much you bought of it, and pay the taxes on it by the end of November as I remember correctly.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:42 PM
rufaast
Mountain Pass
IM still looking for someone on HERE THE FORUM, that is running WVO in their 99 and new powerstroke, i guess no one is?

Old 10-05-2005, 09:52 PM
DR JOE
Senior User
The off-road diesel is only for Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georiga and Florida. These are the only states that can run it and not get fined.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:01 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know Florida isn't one of them. My dad lives there and its very illegal to run off-road fuel.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Customz
Postmaster
Also for those that run an offroad tank in the back you would be suprised how many try hooking that into the fuel system, guess what the IRS agents know that trick, and have been know to pull some fuel out of the fuel filter if they suspect your doing that (and having totally cold fuel in a tank on a running truck is thier first clue yes they sometimes check fuel temp too)
Does this mean my dummy filler neck and hidden auxillary tank idea won't work?

Old 10-14-2005, 06:27 PM
1997F-350
Postmaster
Originally Posted by HP junkie
I know Florida isn't one of them. My dad lives there and its very illegal to run off-road fuel.
its legal right now here.

Old 10-16-2005, 06:18 PM
MDB
Senior User
Yeh, and you know how many millions of gallons of gas gets burned in lawn mowers, ATVs, and other off-road vehicles on which the highway tax is paid every year? Sucks that there isn't any easy way to buy gas for home use that doesn't include these taxes, but they sure get excited about someone using fuel on the road for which the tax hasn't been paid. There should be a way to get credit for the gas that is used in small gas engines, etc.

Old 10-16-2005, 09:18 PM
edub32
Posting Guru
Good point MDB, I totally forgot about buying all that gas w/ road tax to use on "offroad" motors.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:35 AM
kgglass
Freshman User
When I lived in Va they were giving back the road tax for boats and anything else that was not on the roads. If you burn BioDiesel from the pump IL is giving back some $$ too. You got to go on the states web sites to check out the states refunds.

Quick Reply: off road fuel....