1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

CC door panel trim

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 01:34 PM
magee
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CC door panel trim

Does anybody know of a source for the chrome door panel trim for a 66 CC? I've been wearing out Google and E-bay with no luck. Anybody have a set that they don't need/want?

Old 08-12-2005, 07:40 PM
66fdtrucknut
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ebay or the classifieds are about the only way, unless you can find a truck somewhere with it. Nobody reproduces it. Alot of times people lose the corner piece.

Old 08-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Poppy Red 66
Freshman User
Unfortunately, I don't have any spares. I eventually found a set on ebay and had to pay way too much for them but I did get a REALLY nice set. I tried to find a nice set in the junkyards around here but every set was either beat all to hell or had screws run though them. I can't believe that the aftermarket hasn't made these by now. I work in the Mustang parts business and there are several moldings made for them that are about the same size as the door moldings. It can't be too hard to tool up to make this piece. Quite a larger market for the Mustang stuff though obviously. Anyway, good luck on your search. Maybe one of the good folks on this forum might have a good set to sell you. As for ebay, as I'm sure you've noticed, the prices people are paying for stuff is getting ridiculous. It's not just the Ford truck stuff, it's everything for old cars and trucks. It's definately a sellers market right now. I can't leave myself out of the group of people paying these prices though. I bought a pair of really nice door storage pockets as well as a like-new cigarette lighter off of ebay. If you've followed any of these items on there, you know how much I probably had to pay. There are some deals on there as well. I got a am radio, wiper delay setup, and hinges all cheaper than I could have gotten them at a junkyard. I am lucky to have several friends that have salvage yards with some of the sixties Ford trucks in them. They have been a great help as well. Good luck with your search!

Old 08-12-2005, 10:27 PM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
Is it the same for 65s?

I think I might have a set from the last parts truck I had.

Old 08-13-2005, 05:50 AM
mikecarson
Senior User
Should be the same, the panels are. I got the trim for my 64 off a 66 for $20 at a junk yard, guy didn't know what it was. Even got the clips.

Old 08-13-2005, 07:40 AM
magee
Elder User
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer
Is it the same for 65s?

I think I might have a set from the last parts truck I had.
Would you be interested in selling them if you still have them?

Old 08-13-2005, 08:24 AM
FordBoypete
Posting Guru
There are Aftermarket Reproductions made in all OEM Colors. And 61-66 Custom Cab interior door trim panels interchange, they're basically all the same. The Aftermarket reproductions are die cut and are "true", with clip holes and door/ window handle pivot holes correctly placed for the OEM/ stock configuration.

I saw them in my Last L M C catalog.
I believe Rick at Carolina Classics also has them or can get them, I'm suffereing from "CRS", so double check me on that, and I'd also check with "DC" in Charlotte, NC.

The replacements are not really pricey, but the stainless trim mouldings are. . . . and I don't know of anyone with 'em besides MACs in Lockport, NY, & other salvage yards.

FWIW, You can make a template of corrugated cardboard, then trim & fit it. Next cut backer panels from composition board such as masonite. When you're certain you got handle, armrest and clip hole locations correctly laid out, use spray adhesive, like used to recover late model headliners. Glue padding, or padded vinyl upholstery on it to suit you own tastes or match your own interior trim scheme. Of course if you are going for the OEM, Box Stock, Factory Original look this above idea won't get it right, but it will get it nice otherwise.

FBp

Old 08-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Poppy Red 66
Freshman User
Yeah, I knew the door panels were being reproduced. I was saying that I couldn't believe the aftermarket hadn't made the moldings for the door panel yet. I can't see where it would take a lot to tool up and make this piece. They are just anodized alum. I do think they really set off the interior of one of these trucks though.

Chris

Old 08-13-2005, 07:08 PM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by magee
Would you be interested in selling them if you still have them?
I'll be home on Monday and will check the shed for them. If I got them their yours. I don't plan on using them.

Old 08-13-2005, 08:25 PM
magee
Elder User
You would be my hero!

Old 08-14-2005, 08:51 AM
ol yeller
Elder User
LMC has them

Old 08-14-2005, 11:09 AM
magee
Elder User
Originally Posted by ol yeller
LMC has them

I've seen the door panels in one of their catalogs, but not the trim that goes around them. I'm waiting on a new catalog from them, is the trim a new item? I hope so because it seems like there would be a decent market for them.

Old 08-15-2005, 02:36 PM
camperspecial65
Postmaster
I have a spare set...in various shapes as far as finish, etc, but no extra screw holes, etc ....If you are in need, drop me a line as they are kinda in the way
hehe....Let me know...Also, if anyone, since we are talking aluminum trim, knows of a plater/restorer that can reapply the shiny finish(clad I think) to trim pieces , let me know....

But do let me know on the moldings....Im not out to make a mint, just get the pieces back on a truck...

- cs65

Old 08-16-2005, 06:49 AM
magee
Elder User
Originally Posted by camperspecial65
I have a spare set...in various shapes as far as finish, etc, but no extra screw holes, etc ....If you are in need, drop me a line as they are kinda in the way
hehe....Let me know...Also, if anyone, since we are talking aluminum trim, knows of a plater/restorer that can reapply the shiny finish(clad I think) to trim pieces , let me know....

But do let me know on the moldings....Im not out to make a mint, just get the pieces back on a truck...

- cs65
I'm definitely interested, could you PM me and we can figure out something. Thanks.

Old 08-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Ringo Fonebone
Posting Guru
In the LMC catalogue, unlike the others, the one colour,, black I think is,, like half price. I am gonna use those and vinyl dye them to the colour I want.

thrifty RF