2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Lincoln Mark LT Vibration and Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 06:09 PM
apowers2k
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Lincoln Mark LT Vibration and Brakes

whats up everyone, i just got this new mark lt, and from reading other posts here about vibrations it appears to have the same problems as the f150. when i turn on the truck on a cold start, and im still parked, the truck vibrates, not shakes, but vibrates abnormally from what i think. when im idling or parked at any other time it vibrates the same, it almost feels like as if the engine is not getting enough fuel and is going to shut off. im a newbie at cars/trucks, and any suggestions as to what i can do to fix this problem would be cool please, its a luxury truck, and something stupid like this shouldnt be happening to it??

also, when im parked, and i put my truck in reverse or drive, and let go of the brakes slowly, they make like a deep squeal sound, and i wanted to know if this was normal??

i have only like 1700 miles on this baby, and for being a lincoln, i dont think it should have these annoying issues

thanks everybody, please let me know what i should do, and why these problems, especially the vibration, are happening.

Old 07-30-2005, 06:44 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! Please read the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand this site.
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
apowers2k, Welcome to the site and congratulations on the purchase. I love the grille and 8 spoke chrome wheels that come on the Mark LT. I do not think your start up vibration issue and brake sqealing is normal. If the brakes only do it at start up I do not think I would be to concerned, however you might as well have it checked out while at the dealership next time. Does your air conditioner seem cold enough? I am noticing my F150 air is not as cool as my other vehicles. What color is your Lincoln and what options did you get? Thanks and Good Luck!

Old 08-01-2005, 08:56 PM
grock
New User
Hi,

My F150 had a rough idle for the first 2500 miles and has gradually gotten smoother as it breaks in. Don't know if what you are describing is the same, but in my experience, the Ford modular engines don't idle as smoothly as a GM V8 engine. Having said that, I got rid of a 2002 Chevy V8 due to loud "piston slap" that the dealer said GM would do nothing about, that it was "normal". I don't think an engine that sounds like a hammer slapping around inside until it warms up is normal....

So, I'll take a slightly rougher idle any day.....

I visited the new Ford Rouge assembly plant in the spring and they build the Mark Lt and F150 on the very same line, I couldn't see any difference other than trim and one insulating pad on the firewall, but it is still a good looking truck, hope you enjoy it. If the idle doesn't get better, many on this site have said there is an update for the computer that may help, you just have to take it to the dealer and complain about the idle quality. You will need to tell them when it occurs and if it gets better when warmed up.

Good luck.

Old 08-02-2005, 02:34 AM
apowers2k
New User
Thanks for replying guys

Ruckus, the brakes make that deep squeal when reversing or going forward with my foot on the brake in a cold start, and they make that sound normally as well any other time i reverse or move forward slightly with foot on the brakes. when im driving and braking, the sound is not there, it just comes about when im creeping forward or reversing with my foot slightly hard on the brake. as far the a/c goes, mine actually turned off by itself today for some reason, i live in miami, so the heat down here is beyond crazy, i dont know if maybe it overheated, it happened when i turned on the truck this morning, and it also takes forever to cool. i have a buddy who just bought a new lariat and his a/c takes forever to cool too, so im assuming its some kind of defect with these trucks. i want to give the guy at the dealer 20 bucks or something and have him put some kind of antisqueal grease on these brakes, b/c the sound is annoying. my truck is black, with dove grey interior, running boards, chrome rail bars, reverse sensing system, power sunroof and rear windows, bed extender, and the audiophile sonic lt sound system, which sounds very nice, the stock system on a plain f150 with 1 disc cd sucks bad, but this 6 cd on the mark lt bangs real nice, thanks for replying again

grock, thanks also, im taking it to the dealer tomorrow possibly, so i will tell them about the rough idle, and hopefully they dont give me the "normal" excuse , and the a/c like i said before appears to take too long to cool, or its just too fricken hot here in miami, and that is affecting the system

take it easy guys.

Old 08-02-2005, 06:02 AM
lardman
Elder User
I would take it in, with a lincoln you should get great service.