2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Program Flash

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 10:24 AM
rsjohns2
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Program Flash

I had my truck in the shop a few weeks ago to have the cam phasers changed. Since this change I have experienced bad fuel mileage, hesitation, and hard starting. I took it back yesterday and they reflashed the program because they said that the new phasers changed the timing and that it should have been flashed when they were changed. Anyway, I haven't experienced any of the symptoms and I have gained a little better seat of the pants power and a much improved tranny feature. Used to when I would shift down to 2nd I would lose power now that doesn't happen. I have the same power feel in 1st and 2nd as I do when I am in drive going through the gears. If anyone is experiencing these tranny issues I would suggest a new reflash. I'm not sure what the code was but it is supposed to be the current one.

Scott

Old 07-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Fatty
New User
I've got some other questions regarding that, I bought a used 2004 about 4 months ago from a friend. I know he never had any isues with it and I haven't had any as well, should I still go in and get these updates done? How can you tell which flash u have? I think I get ok gas mileage but the truck does seem pretty slow, should I try and move up to the new flash or should I stay where I'm at?

Old 07-28-2005, 08:05 PM
FordSkiier
Freshman User
Most everyone that I see participating in this forum seem to be Ford fans number one, but performance concious as well. I took my '05 SCrew in for a stuck injector at 4000 miles and they reflashed it. This thing has sooo much more power and tranny response. I especially notice it backing up my uphill driveway. Before the reflash it labored and seemed like it was slipping. Now it bolts right up... And since I don't have to depress the pedal as far to get it going, I think I'm getting better mileage as well (haven't had a change to check it yet). My reflash was wonderful.