New cab pics in my gallery....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 11:42 PM
fasttexan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New cab pics in my gallery....

All the excitement over Gtex's shifter install finally got me motivated to update my gallery with pictures of my B&M shifter. I added the console because my aftermarket seat sits much higher than the stock bench seat (and I have short arms ).

Old 07-08-2005, 12:23 AM
bshackelford711
Laughing Gas
I really like. Want to trade trucks

What are those seats out of. I really like the set up I am planning about the same for my 69 F-100

Old 07-08-2005, 06:05 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very Nice Job Will, very nice attention to detail and very personalized, I love that cold air intake!! Did you fab that or is that one of those kits they sell ? I have seen something similar in a kit somewhere??

Have ya ran it at the Track yet? What kinda HP and Tq...

Russ

Old 07-08-2005, 09:43 AM
fasttexan
Senior User
Thanks guys.

The seats are from an online outfit in So. Cal called (I think) automart.com. They have various models and let you choose fabric etc. You can even get leather. As I recall I got the Sport model. The center console actually flips around to form a middle seat and has a large storage compartment underneath. The shifter and amp more or less force the configuration I'm using though. The bucket seats are individually adjustable for forward/back/recline and come with headrests but our tight standard cabs don't leave much room to take advantage of the options, or even the headrests.

The ram air is from ramairbox.com. The box is fiberglass and a fairly nice piece for the money. It was about $100 (unpainted) and fits a standard 3x14" air filter/top. There's various sizes but this one justs fits under the lip on the firewall using the Performer RPM intake and a drop base air cleaner. It's actually a fairly easy install. Just find your friend with the biggest arms to cut the 4" holes next to the radiator. I had a new hole saw and it really bit into that soft sheet metal. The rest of the parts are from Home Depot. A couple of duct flanges that I pop-riveted in, the two accordian ducts, and some big hose clamps. I had to move the voltage regulator up a little bit but otherwise there were no fitment issues.

Greg (Gtex) did a Desktop Dyno for me a while back. I looked for the thread but no luck. As I recall, the max HP was 438 and torque 500+. I've got plans to hit the track later this summer. I'm fairly close to Sears Point and they have Wednesday night open drags. I still want to install a Powertrax unit in my differential and I need to get some stickier tires; my BFGs ain't gonna cut it.

Last edited by fasttexan; 07-08-2005 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:46 PM
fasttexan
Senior User
Originally Posted by fasttexan
The seats are from an online outfit in So. Cal called (I think) automart.com.
Correction: Atthemart.com

Old 07-09-2005, 08:39 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Hey Will, I wouldnt go to the power trax..I had one in my 70 F250 and trashed it in a matter of months and even snapped an axle too boot!! Of course the axle was my fault..doing a burnout and the left tire fell into a pot hole...

But power trax...wouldnt make it right with me ?? So I took it down to a friend that owns a sped shop in town..and he had never seen one tweaked and broke like mine was..He doesnt sell Power trax to the rodder around here and wont stock them..He only sells Locker and Soft lockers (Detroit) So he now has my Power trax hanging on the wall of the shop..and I now have a Detroit soft locker that I really like!!

JMHO!!

Russ

Old 07-09-2005, 10:50 AM
fasttexan
Senior User
Thanks for the info Russ. I've been posting questions like that in various threads/forums with no responses before now. I've seen forums on other sites where the drag racers like them but our trucks have a good 1000 lbs of vehicle weight on the average Chevelle and 1500 on the Mustangs. The wheelers, of course, don't try to launch at 5000 RPMs. Gets me thinking.

Old 07-09-2005, 12:10 PM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Will, I'am not putting the hp to the ground that Greg is...and he also has the soft locker with probably 150hp over my mild 390 in the truck now....and watch some of his Vids..he Hooks real well....with the M/T slicks on it!!

JMO!!

Russ

Old 07-10-2005, 11:16 AM
gtex
Lead Driver
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by RapidRuss
Will, I'am not putting the hp to the ground that Greg is...and he also has the soft locker with probably 150hp over my mild 390 in the truck now....and watch some of his Vids..he Hooks real well....with the M/T slicks on it!!

JMO!!

Russ
I don't even have much problem with the street tires on. that Detroit works great. I may need the slicks after I get the motor dialed in and my new torque converter gives me a little higher stall speed.

I can only say good things so far about the Detroit Soft Locker. They aren't cheap, especially for a Dana 60 axle. Don't let the name full you, the soft only refers to Detroits attempt to take out some of the noise. It's still suppose dto be as tough as the Detroit locker. mine grabs a little in sharp corners. But, I like it it. It's just reminding me that it works.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:18 AM
gtex
Lead Driver
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
fasttexan, the truck looks great BTW. I like the seat and console. We have a similar airplane cockpit feel due to all the gauges :-)

"Commence launch sequence, 10, 9, 8 ..." :-)

Old 07-10-2005, 03:52 PM
fasttexan
Senior User
Thanks. I'm a control engineer by profession so I can't seem to stop instrumenting. I've thought about putting the dual air/fuel gauges like you have but the E-bock carb isn't quite as conducive to fine turning as the BG that you're running. Plus I've run out of dash space! I really like your main cluster. At the moment my cluster isn't giving me any problems so I don't want to invite the "improvement" demons by trying to replace it. Plus it's about the only original thing left in the cab. I still get a wild hair once in a while though. Eventually I'll relent. Good job on the shifter install by the way.