Who has been here the longest?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 07:27 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Who has been here the longest?

OK gents who has been here in this forum the longest...not a trick question, curious!

Old 07-05-2005, 12:59 AM
RomerB2
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In audio/video?

CobraXP, Me, Linear Power, Monty06...

I think this is mainly the people that have been here that still come in here fairly often. I haven't seen Monty in here in a while though - he's currently building up his B2 with performance and waiting to play with the sound.

Who else has been in here? Speak up!

Old 07-05-2005, 01:06 AM
maticuno
Posting Guru
I've been skipping in and out of here for about a year. Kontai has been here since I can remember.

Old 07-05-2005, 08:32 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Yes in the...audio/video and who is not a Mod

Old 07-05-2005, 01:46 PM
RomerB2
Postmaster
Yea I forgot about Kontai and maticuno.. but the people I listed used to be really active in here, and are still somewhat.

Old 07-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Max1775
Elder User
I check in every now and then, but haven't been here in a while. Always good info to be had here though...

Max

Old 07-05-2005, 07:15 PM
maticuno
Posting Guru
I'm trying to be more active as of late, but some of the aforementioned people have much more a/v experience than I do. I only have three completed AND decent sounding systems under my belt. Hopefully 4 after next Monday.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:27 PM
brianas
Senior User
Hello all
Ive been visiting and posting here as well for about 2 years now
I have a part time business JB Customs
I specialize in custom design + built auto sound systems
also audio and electronics installation

I used to compete in the national sound competitions up until the late
90's--my personall interests changed and now I enjoy more -the
design\build\install aspect

this is a good thread to get to know some of the names frequent here
later
Josh Brianas

Old 07-06-2005, 08:13 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
now we are getting this going

Old 07-10-2005, 11:22 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Got you all beat. Go look back to 2001 and you will find a few posts from me in this forum. Got out of it for a while when I went through my divorce. Starting to work my way into again. If I am recalling this correctly I was here when Ken started this topic forum or shortly there after.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:25 PM
RomerB2
Postmaster
I haven't seen you around in a long time, I didn't know you still came in here.

Old 07-11-2005, 12:07 AM
E-150
Senior User
I can't say I've been here long because well.. I'm new around here but I plan to stick around so in a few years I can say I've been here for a while I always like to give advice if I know something about the subject and I know when I'm looking for help, when someone takes the time to help it makes my day.

Oh how do I get an admin or mod to welcome me to ford-trucks.com? I made a few posts but guess I am under the radar.. lol.

Great site with great people, ty.

Old 07-11-2005, 12:17 AM
RomerB2
Postmaster
Lol, you should've had one greet you on either your first or second post. I'm not a mod but I'll give ya a nice howdy and welcome to FTE!!! lol That's basically what they say.. but I think they have a template and then just enter your screen name.

Old 07-13-2005, 10:03 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by E-150
I can't say I've been here long because well.. I'm new around here but I plan to stick around so in a few years I can say I've been here for a while I always like to give advice if I know something about the subject and I know when I'm looking for help, when someone takes the time to help it makes my day.

Oh how do I get an admin or mod to welcome me to ford-trucks.com? I made a few posts but guess I am under the radar.. lol.

Great site with great people, ty.
We'll then a big WELCOME to you....sorry I missed you the first time around...

Old 07-17-2005, 05:10 AM
LinearPower
Senior User
I really haven't been visiting this forum all that long, since Jan. 2004, but it could be I'm one who has "been around" the longest. I enjoy sharing from my experiences of about 34 years since my first installation. When I was in high school I installed a Kraco underdash 8-track player and some Kraco wedge speakers in the rear package shelf of a 1967 4 door Impala that my Dad let me drive to school. That equipment was later stolen, by the way. One of two thefts I've encountered. I'm pretty sure I've done an install to some degree in every vehicle I've ever owned since then. Some have been pretty extensive, some were just a speaker upgrade. I've owned about 30 vehicles, so that's a lot of "crawling" around in trunks and floorboards and garage floors. And driveways and yards before I had a garage. I've had vehicle interiors scattered for days. I've pretty much done it all. I was around when the car audio craze got started. It may be hard to imagine for the young guys, but there was a time when there were no external amps or component systems or subwoofers. Then companies like Fujitsu Ten, Rockford Fosgate, Hifonics, Jensen(yes, Jensen ruled the speaker world early on), Linear Power, and others came along and POW!!!, everything exploded. Sparkomatic and Kraco were no longer the way to go if you cared about quality. I remember walking through a car audio specialty store, Hammond Electronics, in Columbus, Ohio and I couldn't believe how cool all that "stuff" was. The first really quality system I installed consisted of Pyle Driver speakers, which were great in the day, Rockford Fosgate amps, and a Clarion HU. I had some Audio Concept 12" subs that were unreal. Thinking back, I did my share of "wrongs", as far as connections and such. Because I knew no better. But, it's a learning process we all go through. No one is born with car audio knowledge. It's an acquired thing. I have a 22 year old son and he's going through it now, trying to learn. But he's pretty impatient, which can be a huge problem in this hobby.

Quick Reply: Who has been here the longest?