Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

canada day

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Tranoham
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
canada day

iv'e looked.all over this area for a canada day hat thats made ln canada. NO LUCK,every thing is made off shore WHATS WITH THAT

Old 07-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I have a Roots Canada Beret from the France Olympics.

Made in Canada

Old 07-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They do it because it is cheaper. Proud to be Canadian, eh?

-Matt

Old 07-01-2005, 11:06 PM
farm-stretch
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sears has Canada t's on for $4.95 grey or white. quality seems good...made by some kid in bangladash. Who can beat 35 cents a hour. I tried buying a dress shirt at sears and a local mens wear store, but they were all in China even the old Canadian "Arrow brand". The clerk says the material is too expensive here...meanwhile polyester is made frome grocery bags and cotton is made onshore.

You really have to know your countries, trade laws, and how many people your putting out of work. ie it's good to buy toyota. Canada's labour force has become so service oriented that we are losing the sub trades. Shareholders, CEO's etc. have become very greedy outsourcing labour.

I'd love to buy some penny stock in a few chinnese companies at the rate their going going it'll be a good investment.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Think about all this the next time you ask for a raise!
Anybody been in Windsor lately to see if Namasco Steel is still on Ojibway Pkwy. near the racetrack? Maybe you local Windsor folk know the factory as the place that made armoured personnel carriers during WWII.
Of the 5 plants that Namasco operated, Windsor had the highest production cost per ton. They yanked all the machines out & turned the place into a warehouse.
There were guys laid off that came up short on their pensions. Other guys were 2nd generation working there. I only had 3 years in when I got my permanent layoff notice. You get the picture.
1010 McKay & 8346 Gregory Pl. are the addresses of the 2 houses that I owned & lost. Yes, I owned 2 houses at the same time and I was looking to buy a small apartment building when the axe fell. This was 1980.
Think about it boys and girls. The next axe might drop on you!
AL.
P.S. Yes this was a rant and no, it's not likely I'll ever get over it.