Sponsored by:

Lift block questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 10:49 PM
fordinmudd
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lift block questions

I bought a pair of 3" lift blocks from a local parts store to try to level out my truck, since i added the dana 60 front axle.but i notice that there not as wide as the stock blocks and i had to use my stock u bolts the ones in the box were to short.my stock blocks were 2" so i thought maybe another inch of lift would level the back to the front but it still seems like the rear sits an inch lower.now my questions are is this normal for a lift block to be not as wide as the stock blocks?and two should i just buy some 4 inch blocks to make it level or just add a leaf?how many inches did some of you guys raise the rear to make it sit level? what did some of you guys do?... later

Last edited by fordinmudd; 06-30-2005 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:20 AM
ramboss429
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you flipped your shackle in the rear? If you haven't, and you don't haul heavy loads that is what I would do. If you do that, you can experiment with no blocks, and if that isn't high enough, throw the factory block in. The lift block should be the same width as your springs.....

Old 07-01-2005, 12:24 AM
BFR250SD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Like rambosss said, make sure they are as wide as your springs. Add-a-leafs will make your ride a little stiffer. I would stay away from stacking blocks, it just leaves more room for one to come out and damage you truck. I would lean toward a 4" block rather than stacking them.

Old 07-01-2005, 02:59 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,456 Likes on 950 Posts
those blocks u bought from the parts tore are prolly cast aluminum, i woudl stay away from those becaue they WILL crack, like they said do a shackle flip, or at least buy some steel blcoks

Old 07-01-2005, 06:20 AM
bremen242
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least buy one piece blocks. Stacking blocks are is bad. You can buy taller blocks with the ford-style bumpstop built in as well.

Add a leafs are probably better but make the rear springs a good bit stiffer.

If your truck is really low in the rear, perhaps you need to buy new rear leafs altogether? most of the time, the truck is lower in the front.

Also, if you do put the blocks in, please get new ubolts. They are pretty inexpensive ($30 for 4) and are 9/16" in size. Ubolts are torque-to-yeild because they bend up tight when you tighten them down, it isn't a good idea to reuse them if you can avoid it.