Modular V10 (6.8l)  

anyone using the HyperTech Programmer

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 03:07 PM
bruuuuce
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone using the HyperTech Programmer

Anyone using it? Pro's Con's likes dislikes?

Old 06-30-2005, 03:36 PM
captchas
a lot of us have 05's and there is nothing out for them yet. not even a k and n air filter

Old 06-30-2005, 05:29 PM
bruuuuce
Junior User
yeah my old crappy 04 isn't worth now that the 05's and 06's are out. At least that is what everyone and the dealers tell me. Sorry i asked a question about my old junker.

Old 06-30-2005, 05:33 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I tried the programmer on my "ancient" '00 and it didn't do much for it back then. Plus you have to fork out the money for the better gas to see any hp increase, not worth it in my opinion.

Old 06-30-2005, 06:14 PM
bruuuuce
Junior User
The Hypertech is supposed to have a setting for 87 octane.

Here is their Dyno Sheet
http://hypertech.com/images/dynocharts/99ford6.8L.jpg

Shows a good respone for the 87 octane and i don't see "a lot" of bang for 93 octane.

My main desire is to firm up the transmission... I thought I was going to buy a B & M Shifter plus but it only covers up to 97 F250's so that is out.

Old 06-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Bruuuuce

Hey whats with the 'tude?

yeah my old crappy 04 isn't worth crap now that the 05's and 06's are out. At least that is what everyone and the dealers tell me. Sorry i asked a question about my old junker

There are several folks around here that use the tuners... capt was just saying us'ns with the new iron don't get to play yet. He certainly was not disparaging your beautiful V10 powered ride.

I give you a little tip about tuners though... take a long hard look at that chart you posted. Notice the area between 2000-2500rpm? See how HP ain't enhanced at all and the torque is below factory base line?

Since I run my truck in top gear at 2000-2500rpm 85% of the time that is where I would like to see some gains for my $400

Just my 2 cents worth

Old 06-30-2005, 10:30 PM
bruuuuce
Junior User
Just giving back what I thought i was getting. For the past 2 weeks that is all I have heard from Dealers that my truck that cost 32G last year isn't worth 19,000 1 year 1 month later. And how the V10 makes it worthless.... At 18,000 miles it isn't a junker yet.... maybe I am just on edge. --- and I won't swear to it but seems like to me that his post has been edited and toned down a bit, because it wasn't that nice when I 1st read it, but then again maybe I just read into it......... But I don't want to get into a _issing contest with anyone (MODERATOR) about it, I just want comments on the question, not someone bragging about their new truck and a BSEG. <-- Please ignore the above, I am tired, can't sleep and leave on a two week trip in the morning

Fredvon I do value your opinion, as it seems you have a good handle on these monsters and was hoping you would reply. I noticed the curves and was concerned about that.

My main goal is to firm up the shift points, any suggestions on doing that electronicly?

73's

Last edited by bruuuuce; 06-30-2005 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:46 PM
captchas
bruuuuuce
please understand i ment your luckie. you can play with your 04, tuners, exhaust systems abound us with the 05/6's can not yet. no one is making anything yet.i have made many phone calls and can not even find a replacement highpo air filter for the 05/6 v10
your 04 is still a good truck with a strong motor and i have to disagree with your dealer on value. i was in no way knocking your truck and my post was not edited.
if you want to firm up your shifts try a super chip tuner that you can buy from motorheaven. or contact levelten.com a very good buddy who owns this company for a custom shift kit

Old 07-01-2005, 06:07 AM
bruuuuce
Junior User
I have told several dealers they are full of it in the past few weeks. I am afraid that this GM EMPLOYEE pricing is going to make the used market soft for all makes. As all big 3 dealers were offering me LOW BALL trade in's.

Superchips and the hypertech are all about the same price. Was just looking at the hypertech because it was available locally.

Old 07-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
bruuuuce

Look into the sonex valve. the trans command by banks, or is really serious about making the 4R100 a very smooth and tough trans check out Brian's truck service better know as BTS... I had one of his rebuilds and although a tad expensive (but about the same as a local low tech rebuild) the unit I got was totally bullet proof.

I had put my 7.3L on steroids and it made over 700ftlbs rear wheel torque. I was breaking drive train stuff all the time. a BTS was one of my upgrades and if I had a truck today with the 4R100 I would be shopping for one of these rebuilds (there are about 4 folks doing this rebuild with heavy duty internals).

I never considered going the sonex valve or chip route because they do work but the 4R1000 has some serious issues inside. No they will not grenade under normal use, but the trans has some lees then stout features in side that will not hold up to reliable, serious gear banging with out outside help.

You don't say but your frustration with trade in value of your 1 year old sounds like you are seriously looking at an 05/06 new truck. Brother that is just the way it is with new trucks... even if the fuel prices, and current incentives to move stock you would still see the same dynamic. Not as dramatic but is has always been this way.

The current push is so that the big three can position them selves just before the 2007 roll out. Big changes, and all three are competing to be the first, strongest, baddest, fastest, most power, highest capacity...yada, yada. and I highly recommend you just sit back and watch it.

I predict that a one year old 2006 full boat CC 4x4 V10 will sell at very lucrative prices by October/November this year. By Feb there will still be units on the lots and I would even consider being a little upside down just to get the great truck! On the other hand your 2004 has at least a decade us useful life and is not slouch! I was totally happy with my 2001 2v V10 and it generated years worth of BSEGs!

Old 07-01-2005, 07:03 AM
BFR250SD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever you drive, whatever the year, whatever the model. The vehicle is only a junker when it can no longer meet YOUR needs, not someone elses expectations. As long as my vehicle can do what I WANT IT to, it suits me fine. The dealer will tell you almost anything to sell a vehicle. Half of the salesman don't have a clue as to what a truck can do anyways. Good god, I'm getting old. Sounds like I am running a support group for 2V V10's. "Hi, I'm BFR250, and I have a 2V."

Old 07-09-2005, 07:06 PM
roadgypsy
New User
I love what it did to my '00, 7.3L ... I full time in a 5th wheel. I picked-up a new trailor, 35 footer, in Vegas that weighed better then 2000 pounds more then my old one, a 30 footer, and got the Hypertech at the same time. Results - on the way back to the coast - 28% better fuel economy and much more power.

Last edited by roadgypsy; 07-09-2005 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:42 PM
kelro
Senior User
Hey, Bruuuuce, if it makes you feel any better. I purchased an 01 V10 4x4 CC in early May and thought I had gotten it bought right. Now, I see I am way above the current market with it. I think the big 3's discounting on new has hurt the used market plus the consistently high fuel market has kept the used values heading lower. Not everyone is educated on V10's yet, especially dealers. Three years ago, I wouldn't even have given them a second glance but I am sold on them now. Sometimes you are your best salesman. (Sell the truck yourself)

Old 07-09-2005, 08:08 PM
captchas
bruuuce
build it the way you want it and have fun playing. heck they even have super chargers for yours . drive it untill it drops. go to a yard get a 3valve and repower it and drive it some more. heck a pink slip in your draw at home is better then a payment book. and a sleeper is more fun then anything. enjoy life and your truck. smile pleaseee

Old 07-09-2005, 08:21 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by roadgypsy
I love what it did to my '00, 7.3L ... I full time in a 5th wheel. I picked-up a new trailor, 35 footer, in Vegas that weighed better then 2000 pounds more then my old one, a 30 footer, and got the Hypertech at the same time. Results - on the way back to the coast - 28% better fuel economy and much more power.
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! Please read the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand this site.

We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Quick Reply: anyone using the HyperTech Programmer