General Automotive Discussion

Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 12:09 PM
TxBrokenarrow
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinks

was wondering if anyone watched pinks lastnight on the speed channel???where two people race two out of three for pinkslips.i thought it was pretty cool..that did ya'll think??

Old 06-30-2005, 04:33 PM
dagwood41
Senior User
Stupid commercial

I wish they would find another commercial for that show on Saturday afternoons. That 69 100 grand Shelby loosing to that Shevelle makes me mad and then they show like 30 times in while were working on the race car.
I wont even watch the show just because of the commercial. JMO

Old 07-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Donutrcng
Freshman User
Why don't they use a tree? Some guy standing and waving his arms was pretty cheesy. Also, what is with the car length handicap - do it with timing. Other than that I think it is a good idea. Think we will see any vintage cars from the muscle car era enter?

Old 07-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Stapler123
Mountain Pass
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Exactly.. the guy that was incharge was a big odd, He insisted that it wasn't street racing like he was giving out fight club rules... but then they don't use any of the timming devices. Kinda silly. (i really didn't like the host)

Old 07-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Dejablue2001s10
Junior User
i wasn't much up on that show either watched it the other night when the camaro was running the firebird...

Old 07-04-2005, 08:49 AM
mwtmwt
Senior User
This was posted on another site I vist

So last year I called the producer/host of the show pinks. said I wanted to be on the show and race for titles. He tells me im going to be racing some civic from california. so I get an 89 formula roller and start putting a budget car togeather for this show with every intention of racing it for titles. about 2 months later i get a call saying the guy from california backed out. So im like wtf??? The producer/host is like do you know anyone from your area that you could race against?. im like i think i got your guy. so i call jucin up cause he likes to be on tv, and basically said do you want to be on this show pinks? we set it up so that we had no risk of losing our cars.

Now since we had no risk of losing the cars we decided to sell the formula and use my wifes car. put in a new cam, heads, and fogger kit to be a comparable race for jucin. The night before we had to leave the oil pan cracked and we had no replacement at the time. We scrambled and called up tom "bird of prey" and I said "can we borrow your car for the weekend" With us being in a bind he kindly said sure. We straped a nitrous kit on an otherwise stock car and headed for iowa.

We get there early "like the producer/host told us to. and find out we had to wait til it was dark to shoot the episode, so that sucked. It was like 15 degrees outside and was freezing my *** off.

When we finally started going I myself got so agrivated with how everything was going I was going to put the car on the trailer and leave. I got threatend by the producer/host that I couldnt leave and had to do the show otherwise he would take my car. "even though it wasnt even mine and had no title for it." So we ended up doing the race the Producer/hosts wanted it to be. I did what they told me to. I really didnt care if i won or lost considering we wernt going to lose anything and just acted for the camera.

In closing. NO I did not lose a car nor had any risk of losing the car. and actulally started driving it home right after the camera's were shut off. and jucin blew his car up. And thats the truth.

I got an invite to the premier of the show in california with no plane ticket attached. declined the offer and sent this email to the producer.

"Thanks for the invite but i will have to decline the offer. In all honesty If i would have known how it was gonna turn out i would have never have done it. I slaved to get a car done in time for your guys show. it didnt happen so we used a back up car. paid god knows how much in gas to get out into the middle of bum **** in the freezing cold winter to basically put on a show for you guys. ends up u guys dont know the first thing about racing and i get argivated and was just like eh whatever il put on a show and lose. and now i look like some stroke that lost his car on tv without even getting my shop plugged.

Then The Producer/host calls up saying hey we need you to do another show. so im like I cant afford it right now im not made of money. than im like well **** it I will try and put somthing togeather. I spend a bunch of money on another car and end up not being able to finish it cause like i said i really couldnt afford it. so now im broke and trying to get myself back on my feet. I would just assume not be associated with this show any more. its been far more trouble than it was worth.

What did i get out of it? I look like a loser on tv, and im in debt. what did you guys get? a big fat paycheck. have a nice day."

After the show aired I made a few post explaining my situation. I got a call from the producer and host saying the fox network was very upset about what I was saying on the internet and i had better take it down. So i took it down and now i realized I never got a copy of the supposed contract i signed so i can say what I want. All Im doing is telling the TRUTH about the show.

Old 07-04-2005, 09:59 AM
oldhalftons
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Stapler123
Exactly.. the guy that was incharge was a big odd, He insisted that it wasn't street racing like he was giving out fight club rules... but then they don't use any of the timming devices. Kinda silly. (i really didn't like the host)
it sure looked like street racing to me.

"how many lengths do you want?"
NONE! I want timed runs and and bracketed handicaps. This isn't street racing, remember?

The local track has what they call friday night "street racing". no timing devices, no time slips. two cars line up, green tree light and a lane win light at the end.
They run eliminations untill 1-2 AM.

cars need plates, insurance and no fluid leaks.

Last edited by oldhalftons; 07-04-2005 at 10:08 AM.