Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Anyone out there?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 08:55 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone out there?

Just trying to get everyones attention hasn't been much activity in here lately. Momudder do you want to try and attempt another meet? How was Mudfest? I know everyone is getting busy now that the weather is nice but lets try and keep things going in here. How about a BBQ or something.

Old 05-14-2005, 09:27 PM
87ford4x4inline6
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBQ would be fun maybe even a trail ride somewhere also ( after I get the truck back together, lol) I been working alot to finance my toy, then at home I feel like the garage should have a bed in it. The rest of May is pretty book for me right now. Only date that is really bad for me in june is 17-20 going to the badlands and maybe slade ky to wheel with some guys

Old 05-14-2005, 11:06 PM
jeffh
Elder User
We could meet at my place if ppl are interested. Have a gas grill even. I'm gonna be out of town Memorial weekend and the week of June 12, but other than that...

Old 05-16-2005, 06:02 PM
slmann
Postmaster
That doesn't sound bad. How is your truck coming along Jeff?

Old 05-16-2005, 08:55 PM
jeffh
Elder User
I got the blasted thing running yesterday! Man, I had forgotten what it sounds like. It turns out that both cables to the battery seem bad, replaced both of them and it fired right up. Unfortunately the ground cable is about 2" too short so the battery is currently sitting cockeyed in the tray. Also, the brake lights still don't work -- I have the replacement part for the master cylinder which should fix that but I want to have the brake fluid replaced also, so need to take it somewhere.

Old 05-16-2005, 10:09 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Sounds like it's coming along pretty good for you then. You gonna be out driving it this summer?

Old 05-17-2005, 08:55 PM
jeffh
Elder User
I hope to a bit, after getting the aforementioned problems fixed. I'm undecided if I want to get the engine and tranny repainted or not (both need some serious cleaning for that, and would probably get them at least torn apart and inspected if not rebuilt outright). I'm really itching to get the bodywork done too. Now that I'm finally making forward progress again I'm ready to sink some money into it. All driving for the foreseeable future would just be around the StL area (I'm not even sure if it'd make it up Momudder's driveway...)

Old 05-18-2005, 10:26 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Hope everything keeps going in the right direction for you. Have you thought about what color you're gonna paint it when you get to that point?

Old 05-20-2005, 10:55 PM
jeffh
Elder User
Slmann, I plan on keeping it close to the current color. It's not the original color (which was seafoam green, I think) but it's what I'm used to and I've grown to like it. I want to keep the bed steel, not a finished wood floor, and have a dark grey liner sprayed on. I'm thinking of doing the running boards likewise.

Last edited by jeffh; 05-20-2005 at 11:00 PM.