Sponsored by: DP Tuner

A/C Recharge

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 12:46 PM
StraightlineInc
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C Recharge

Anybody done it? What PSI should it be at, also which fitting are you using to fill it? The one on the canister?

Old 05-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Max1775
Elder User
Spend the money and let a good shop do the work. You need to have the proper tools to do the job right (charging manifold, proper refrigerant which requires a license, vaccum pump if it is completely empty which means it needs to be leak tested and repaired, ect). Just my 2 cents on the matter, better safe than sorry.

Max

Old 05-07-2005, 04:54 PM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Best leave that one to an experienced hand. I used to do HVAC and I do a good bit of auto A/C on the side. For me to give you proper instructions over the net would take about a year.
I don't doubt that you could learn it but your questions indicate that you might not be ready for it just yet.
To illustrate my point, a professional A/C shop will take into effect the following considerations: evaporator cleanliness and efficiency, condenser cleanliness and efficiency, proper fan/shroud alignment, refrigerant type and whether it's retrofitted, blower motor operation, temperature drop, superheat charging methods, non-condensible gases, and many more variables.
The numbers on the gauges may be right or wrong depending on these variables and more. It is possible to damage the system and yourself if you aren't sure of what you're doing.

Old 05-07-2005, 06:45 PM
t.j.g.
Senior User
i also agree with first two post if you dont know let a prof. do it

you can easly distroy the compressor
been in the refrigeration and hvac for 10 + years