Sponsored by: DP Tuner

edge evolution

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 06:25 PM
mainecorrado
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge evolution

looking at getting the edge evolution for my 03 7.3L. anybody with some first hand experience??
the local diesel shop says they are a great product, but then again they are trying to sell me one.

i am ordering gauges with the tuner and have an intake. no exhaust yet, but will be coming shortly. that will be it for mods, need the truck to be driveable and last me about 10 years. i will probably only run the 60hp setting until the exhaust is on.

just for looking for opinions, problems with them, driveability issues, tech support......etc, etc.

thanks guys!!!

Old 05-01-2005, 08:29 PM
mainecorrado
Junior User
anybody?? someone has to have one!

Old 05-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Greatsaves28
Junior User
I dont have one but Ide sure like to get one. I watched a segment on "Trucks!" the other day and they had a Dodge Cummins with an Edge product. It looked pretty cool and definitly sparked my interest. Ide love to hear what everyone else has to say about their products.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:00 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
i had thought about the edge attitude with the juice option... shift on the fly.. with built in gauges... nice but.... there's no option to firm up the auto tranny... and one of the guys on here posted that he blew his tranny after only 8k miles with that set up... so i think i'm gonna go with the diablo predator... no shift on the fly, but lots of good options so you can set up your mule for what you need her to do...

Old 05-02-2005, 05:26 AM
f350truck
Freshman User
as soon as i get the cash i am getting one. the best deal i think a tuner/ obd2 scanner in one. ive heard good things about them on tds from a lot of the obs owners.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:38 AM
mainecorrado
Junior User
i think you can adjust the line pressure in the tranny with the evolution, but not the attitude or juice. i don't plan on have 3000ft.lbs either so the tranny should hold up for a long time.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:22 PM
01f350
Senior User
I have run both the Superchip Tuner and the Edge Evo. Both add a lot of power to the truck, however the Edge outpowers the SCMT. There is definitely a noticable difference in the two. However, the Edge also produced higher EGTs when running the higher settings compared to the SCMT. I have never had issuses with EGTs and the SCMT. I also noticed that there was a lot of tranny slipping when running the Edge and that was the reason I stuck with SCMT. The slipping could have been due to the higher HP from the Edge, but it wasn't worth blowing my trans. If you are looking for realiability and power I would suggest the SCMT. Don't think if you get the Edge that you will keep it in the lowest setting. Once you feel the power of the higher settings you will be addicted. Good Luck

Old 08-31-2005, 03:28 PM
mister_j
New User
Evolution by Edge

I have purchased an Evolution for my 2001 F-350 dually 7.3. It has increased fuel mileage and overall performance. It is very simple to install, it will tell you on the screen what you do next and it is as simple as turning the key on and off. Since that is the way it works. I programed the 60 hp and 108 lbs of torque for towing. I am very pleased with it. I tow a 36' Fifth wheel with three slides that is triple axle and I can tell the difference when pulling.

Old 08-31-2005, 06:15 PM
arninetyes
Posting Guru
I also have an Edge Evolution. It DOES adjust line pressure and shifting in the 80hp (race) and 100hp (extreme) settings. It does NOT adjust anything in the transmission in the 60hp (tow) setting.

The Evolution does NOT allow you to make your own trans adjustments. I have a Factory Tech accumulator - the manufacturer says NOT to allow software pressure adjustment. In order to get no line pressure increase in the 80 or 100hp settings, I have to send the Evolution back to Edge so they can reprogram it.

The Predator DOES allow you to adjust some trans settings.

Do I like it? Yes. I drive it around all the time in the 60hp tow tune. It is more responsive and has more torque than the stock setting. Fuel mileage is unchanged, sorry. But, at least it isn't worse!!

Is this the final word? No. I've played with it enough that I'm convinced that a good chip will work better.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:07 PM
JRB
Senior User
edge

I also have the Edge Evolution and run it on 60 hp. I kinda wish I would have purchased something with a switch, because you have to program it each time you want to change settings. Computer indicates higher miles per gallon than I am actually getting. Like previously mentioned, it's not any worse.

JRB
02/CC/PSD

Old 08-31-2005, 09:58 PM
MDB
Senior User
I have an Edge I would like to sell if someone is interested. Bought in in Jan, and mfd in 11-04. Works great, but it didn't seem to help MPG any, and I really don't need or care about the extra power. I can't say that it hurt MPG any either, but then I drive like Grandma, what with the price of fuel being what it is. It made a HUGE difference in power in the Race mode (never tried the Extreme mode), but as I said, for what I do driving around only locally, and never towing a trailer very far, I don't need more power then stock. So I put it back to stock and I might as well sell it. Make me an offer if you are interested.

Old 08-31-2005, 11:25 PM
Fis Teck
Mountain Pass
I have a BD power Edge it has BD's programing but uses the Edge to install it. I got 20.1 mpg on a trip of 230 miles one way.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:57 AM
chadjones99
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation need help

hello, i just programed my 03 6.0 powerstroke with the edge evolution, i have no other mods ,at this time..anyway i tryed tunning with the first setting (60hp) drove it.. it was ok so i tried the max setting 100hp. i know not to do this with out exhaust mods, gauge,etc just want to drive it once to test. anyway wow.
but with both i was using the monitor on it to see temp(does not due exhaust) and boost,etc now i see that the turbo back pressure is about 15-17 at idle and i got it up to 52 ..i think... now that is not the boost is it ??(-the 15 ?) because i dont see how it can have 15 or so at idle ? i hope not i heard you dont want you boost over about 30-32 on stock engine. so if it really went that high i hope i did not blow gaskets anyway ..more info from some one how knows more please
chad
p.s. i did put it back on tow mode.. and under hard take off it feels like it has a little bit of a mis fire going on at about60mph ...little bit of surging and turbo fart at first.. did not surge the first time i programmed it. ?
I do plan on doing a cat delete soon, and exhaust gauge (this year)

Old 12-08-2005, 08:04 AM
HeatStroked
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Ever thuoght about considering a selectable chip?
Here's an interesting thread if you haven't already seen it;
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...=435134&page=1

Old 12-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Fords4Me
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look at the last post I made in this thread.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...=436457&page=2

I don't think you can go wrong if you get the Edge Evo, get the trans tuning removed and get the hard-parts to upgrade your tranny (Sonnax and Tricumulator)