General Automotive Discussion

Red Light Camera Locations

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 06:27 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Post Red Light Camera Locations

Heres a web site that will give you the location and what type set up they are using, This is something you should look at if you are traveling outside your normal area. Its fairly up-todate as of 1-22-2005

http://www.highwayrobbery.net/redlig...Locations.html

Be sure to check out the other info/links that the site has

Last edited by F2504x4; 04-23-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:07 PM
fordtrucklover94
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not exactly up to date, i know of 3 here that have been out for at least a year that aren't on there, they have no listings for cary, nc there.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:13 PM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I believe it's 2 seconds minimum for yellow in California traffic law. A friend with a custom 66 F100 has park and flip plates with 428 and 100 hp Nos system. In the rat race city of San Francisco all the camera will record is a driver's finger and white tire smoke with their 2 1/2 to 3 second yellows. Slam on the brakes and your rearend is smashed. How can an empty PU stop without skidding the rears unless you drive 20 mph max in a world of ricers?

Carl....=o&o>....

Old 04-24-2005, 12:49 PM
furball69
Postmaster
Red light cameras take two pictures; one when the light turns yellow and one when the light turns red so they can judge whether you are just in being in the intersection when the light turned red. They have a safe stopping distance from the intersection measured out and if you are well before that on the yellow, AND photographed in the intersection on the red then you will definitely get a ticket.

Just slow down and don't run red lights and you won't get a ticket.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:57 PM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
I always beg to go as a passenger to S.F. in the 66 sleeper, it's fun. On saner note I drive slower and let them honk! Stupid ricers think they can run 5,000 pounds off the road? They save money on coffins, just throw the car in the hole after it's been run over with real iron. In my home town Alameda red light runners go by up to 3 seconds after red, you treat each intersection like it's 4 way uncontrolled. Installed a airhorn on the Discovery for the wife because of light runners, they freak and think their dead, works for us. Better yet is to follow someone who goes slower than the timed green lights to miss them all.
It was a lot more fun to drive and ride bikes in the 60's & 70's than today, called progress? Nuff said. Carl....=o&o>....

Old 04-24-2005, 03:28 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 875 Likes on 793 Posts
I might be wrong but, I think it's Greensboro, NC that might be doing away with their cameras due to the state saying that the fines have to go to education.

Old 04-24-2005, 04:00 PM
DenDanger
Senior User
It's also a fact that intersections where there are red light cameras have the yellow light sped up so they can get more revenue!

With that said I have to wait and see if I got "on camera" as last week the F150 I was driving had the abs go "wonky" and when I hit the brakes the pedal backed off and I ended up past the crosswalk. Backed up to the intersection after (In front of a cop too -whoops!) and a few days later noticed there was a red light camera./ Uh oh.

Ironically I'm the guy who actually sits at the line in the left turn lane, (People here REFUSE to complete their left until they're sure the lights red-or something...) and drive for a living so I stop for reds. Toronto consists of people who 4 cars after the red still think they should go.....

I honk, hit the highbeams and these idiots honk back!!!!! If the window's down I just yell "the lights RED STUPID!!" but they seem to think it don't matter.

I had a lady last year stop for the red and as I went to go on the green she gunned it across my front bumper!! Whew!! REAL close!

Old 04-24-2005, 05:00 PM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
Hey she stopped, what's the problem? Laws are to be broken and some make up their own it seems. Better yet when two (laws don't apply) people meet it's a nice crash. The wife likes to count the "dumb offs" when we go anywhere. If I were a cop I would be a mean SOB. Not to pick on people but we have around 38-42% drivers from China in town, say no more. Drive for yourself and them to stay alive and crash free.

Carl....=o&o>....

Old 04-24-2005, 06:05 PM
DenDanger
Senior User
Originally Posted by Beemer Nut
Hey she stopped, what's the problem? Laws are to be broken and some make up their own it seems. Better yet when two (laws don't apply) people meet it's a nice crash. The wife likes to count the "dumb offs" when we go anywhere. If I were a cop I would be a mean SOB. Not to pick on people but we have around 38-42% drivers from China in town, say no more. Drive for yourself and them to stay alive and crash free.

Carl....=o&o>....
She "stopped", but then she "went" through the red light just as I attempted to accelerate through the green. I was just lucky enough to hit the brake before we hit! But we do actually have drivers here who stop for greens and drive through reds..... LOL