1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billet & steel coil spring adjuster lifts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Vettruck
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Billet & steel coil spring adjuster lifts?

Anyone have experience with using billet & steel coil spring adjusters?

What is your opinion of them? How do they compare with poly spring spacers (i.e., Daystar)? How severe is the effect on positive camber for 2" to 3" of lift in the front using this type of device?

Thanks in advance, I'm learning as I go!

Old 04-19-2005, 09:56 AM
vrsc
Senior User
I too am looking at a coil spring leveler. Daystar or tuff country. Not sure which one is better but want to keep the stock ride comfort.

Old 04-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Vettruck
New User
vrsc,

What year/model are you driving and is it 2wd? What do you know about the affect on postive camber?

I looked at Daystar and Tuff Country as well, but they don't make any thing for my truck ('05 F250 2wd).

It would seem that Billet & steel adjusters do the same thing but I'm trying to confirm this. One of my big questions is why don't Daystar and Tuff Country make anything for the '05. I know that ford made some changes to the suspension but what I don't know is if the old spring spacers just don't fit and they haven't gotten around to making new ones yet, or do the changes on the '05 mean too much positive camber is created with this method of lift? If the later is the case then I might be reluctant to use any type of coil spring lift.

If any one could enlighten me, I'm all ears.

Old 04-19-2005, 05:29 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't know anything specifically about those lifts, but since these trucks are not IFS in the front, a lift will not affect the camber in any way.

Old 04-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Vettruck
New User
PSD, Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought twin I-beam with coil springs was an independent front suspension?