2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best use for 40/20/40 'secret compartment'

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Dazz
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
40/20/40

ChrisAdams
Let me shed a little light on your excellent advisory:

Old 04-25-2005, 11:35 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks, Dazz. My wife who does all my photo work, was not feeling well, and just lugged the D70 out there, and snapped a few quick shots. I didn't ask her to photoshop em, because she was just feeling so poorly. Too much sun at the beach, I think.
Oh, and for those who know, the N-frame is a Model 29 four inch, the Colt is an officers model, stainless.
Chris

Old 04-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Dazz
Senior User
40/20/40

Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
Thanks, Dazz. My wife who does all my photo work, was not feeling well, and just lugged the D70 out there, and snapped a few quick shots. I didn't ask her to photoshop em, because she was just feeling so poorly. Too much sun at the beach, I think.
Oh, and for those who know, the N-frame is a Model 29 four inch, the Colt is an officers model, stainless.
Chris
I understand. I did photography up through advertising as an avocation. At times the photographer does not feel like deep thinking when doing utility shots, and when hubby says "Get off the couch".

I really lit up the photo so I could define what the bright buttons were. After lighting up the photo I could see it was your SuperChips. I thought it might be some set of snap buttons or setting codes.

Thanks for the patience in walking all us through this.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:50 PM
exiled
Posting Guru
it always amazes me that when a decussion on hiding something comes up that its always leaning to the illegal side. i dont have the 40/20/40 spilt seats but if i did i would use it to hide my colt officers model 40sw. i have a ccw i want to hide it from theives. i think theres enough firearms on the streets i dont want to add one and i'm not leaving the house w/ out mine.any and everything left in my truck can be replaced but the life that my firearm takes if stolen/sold and used. and that is something i dont want to live with..

Old 05-02-2005, 11:12 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Weird logic. Hiding things implies secrets, thus possibly illegal items. Or immoral, some talked about hiding things from their wives. I take it as a joke, all the drug talk, if you really where holding dope, you don’t talk about it, I’m sure.
The area down there is just about right for tossing your carry piece if you have to leave it in the truck to go into a prohibited area. No sane person wants a criminal to steal a gun, or anything else.

On the other hand, would you have a conscious attack if they stole your truck and ran into a car load of school kids, killing them? Why would you blame yourself for someone else's crimes? Now if you left a carry piece on the seat, and it was stolen, you would be in a very actionable position. But if it's out of sight and the truck is properly locked, it's the crook who is in the wrong.

I used to have a carry permit, but they ended all crime by not allowing honest people to carry here in the 'golden state'.
To get a permit here you have to be politically connected, (Democratic party) or forget it.
I have a 'seven state' CCW, but it's not good in my home state.

You can't even have a rifle in the window anymore. Yep that sure stopped crime...

Oh well. I actually used the two ‘slug throwers’ to show relative size. I could have used a carton of cigarettes, but have never owned one…
Showing relative size is not so easy as most things come in a variety of sizes…
Chris

Old 05-03-2005, 01:44 AM
JoeKramer
Senior User
Well what I now do with that center seat is pull it out and leave it home when I take a long trip(more than an hour drive one way). I use that open area to hold stuff like my 1 gallon jug of Crystal Light peach tea and my portable DVD player, and other accesories that will not fit in the glove compartment that I don't want sliding around.
Gives me quick access to refill my 32oz cup in my cup holder.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:53 AM
exiled
Posting Guru
chris i hope you didnt feel like my post was an attack cause it wasnt. yea i would feel bad if a theif hit anybody w/ my truck. but i did everthing i could do to make it that my truck wont be stole. as far as the firearm is consurnded i just better hiding places to keep them out of wrong hands.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:41 PM
JohnnyBoy
Senior User
I had a thought... What about bolting one of those "life Jackets" to the floor under the seat. That way, you would have "California approved" protection out of sight of prying eyes. The only thing better here would be to hinge the seat top at the rear and utilize some magnetic catch at the front. That way, the seat could be easily accessed, and the clips would not strip out.(losts of experience with stripped everything around here except for ladies)

Old 05-05-2005, 12:22 AM
exiled
Posting Guru
lol i liked that johnnyboy. i've been searching all around my fx4 w/ the the fx4 inter. had still havent found any kind of a hidey hole i reckon they just left it to the 40/20/40 split. ife anybody finds one in the fx4 inter lets us know.

Old 05-07-2005, 04:38 PM
mkoser
Tuned
Originally Posted by exiled
lol i liked that johnnyboy. i've been searching all around my fx4 w/ the the fx4 inter. had still havent found any kind of a hidey hole i reckon they just left it to the 40/20/40 split. ife anybody finds one in the fx4 inter lets us know.
hmmm

I have the FX4 and STX and both have the "compartment."

I think you are refering the the full console as the "fx4 inter".

MK

Old 05-08-2005, 10:40 PM
exiled
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mkoser
hmmm

I have the FX4 and STX and both have the "compartment."

I think you are refering the the full console as the "fx4 inter".

MK
yep i got the full console

Old 05-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Raining111
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the secret compartment that I like is the one at the base of the center console. So if you are looking at the radio, follow the console all the way down, and just before you hit the floor there's a small cubby hole. The hole itself isn't all that useful for anything. and if I didn't have the most basic model truck there is probably a good use for that space.
Anyways, if you grabbed hold of the black plastic piece that makes up that cubby hole and pulled it out there's a small space in there too. That's usually where I'll hide my satelite radio reciever or something, if I don't feel like taking it with me.

fairly useless otherwise.

I'll have to try the center cushion thing next

Old 05-21-2005, 07:15 AM
rcccpsi
New User
where can i fine side steps for my f150 for a good price? its an 04.
four door, black thanks
drew

Old 05-21-2005, 07:54 PM
powerglide
New User
Exclamation We know

Originally Posted by mkoser
Cops know it is there...
I read about it in an officer's safety bulletin, and showed the rest of the guys.

MK
Yep we do , so no mini-labs please.

Old 06-15-2005, 10:29 AM
cat-alac
Tuned
Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
I found it last night looking for 8 inch sub mounting options, I might look at moving the restraint device??? not sure I want to though, it definately woould hold the small amp I bought to drive the sub. I've also thought of cutting a portion of the metal center out of the seat cushion and cutting out some foam to gain extra room for a sub, not sure how much support the cushion needs if someone sits there. I guess a concern would be some ones fat **** pushing in the sub.

Quick Reply: Best use for 40/20/40 'secret compartment'