Discusted '05 F-350 Super Duty owner.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Texascadillac42
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You havent driven another V10 with a 6spd yet, and your only response to that idea is "I havent and why should I, the problem is with my truck...." The guy who suggested driving another truck is just trying to help you out. Maybe by driving another truck that is setup similarly to yours would give you an idea if YOUR OWN PERSONAL TRUCK was flawed, or if it was a common V10/6spd problem. Most of the guys on this forum know what they are talking about, and really are trying to be helpful, so there is no need to get all jerky when you come on here to ask advice or badmouth your truck. I would also suggest driving a similar truck to see how it goes down the road. As for your shifter problem, my dad is damn near the exact same build as you listed, 6'3", 250lbs, and he hasnt complained about any sort of shifter interference. Dont know what to tell you on that one

Old 04-01-2005, 04:20 AM
m350
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have an 04' F-350,V-10 6-speed, DRW 4:30 LS,,which I use for work,,and I plow with it also,,(had like 18 storms I plowed this winter)I have never hit my leg with the shifter ,,dont know whats going on there,,? Ofcourse this truck is the throttle by cable,,which as of now,(this post) I am glad of. I love this truck,,it is a blast to drive.

I have heard that a chip or tuner helps out with the 04'-05' F-150 throttle by wire,,,,maybe this would help on the V-10 also.

Driving another new 05' V-10 6-speed would be a good idea,,but try to find one on a lot,,bad enough trying to find a V-10.

Good luck !,,,,,,Later,,,,,Mark

Old 04-01-2005, 07:22 AM
4wd
Elder User
Thanks again for the posts to my particular problem boys.The ser mgr at my selling dealership aparantly knows knothing about further tuning or tweaking on the throttle mechanisms or electronics, as he told me there was nothing he could do. I WAS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!! Too bad, wrong thing to say.

That's why after talking to Ford Company complaint department and recieving no satisfaction, I did a google search on Ford Super Duty forums and found this place and posted my problems here. This is my last gasp! Maybe nothing else, but I have raised a couple of questions with some very experienced Ford PU owners.

By the way, so as to not leave a "bad mouth" taste in everyone's mind (phrase borrowed from texascaddilac), once my pickup is running it is awsome! The close ratios in the 6 spd allows you to keep the R's up into the horse power band while shifting. It does deliver much more pulling power, acceleration, top end than the older '99 SD I owned, and the shorter turning radius is very appreciated. And the best thing is the night driving. The headlights are very superior to the old one. Gas mileage is about 1 mpg better. (10mpg vs 11mpg), and the standard AM/FM radio sounds better with improved station reception. So yeah, lots of improvements took place between '99 to '05, just a miss step or two-----.
Regards
Mark

Old 04-01-2005, 08:09 AM
njcobra2
New User
4wd (mark)

Hi Mark,
not to beat a dead subject... but you really owe it to yourself to try and drive another similiary equipped 05. I know it seems wrong that you need to go out of your way to prove the problem, but we had a problem with a Taurus that the service department kept saying was normal. Finally when we showed them that the new cars on their lot did not have the problem... they then became responsive.
It really would help you to better understand if it is striclty your truck or if it is a design issue.
Good Luck

Old 04-01-2005, 08:34 AM
BigFord74
Senior User
If your that upset with the truck and you believe they are not fixing either talk to the Better Business Bureau or threaten them with it and see what happens. But i'm going to have to agree with the other's i'd find another truck with as close to your package as possible and see if it happens in that truck.

Old 04-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I personally know 9 people with the same power train as the original poster. Most have the 4.10:1 rear end and not one has ever complained about throttle lag or stall on start of take off roll.

My wired throttle is mated to an automatic and I detect no throttle lag in it. I have driven two other new wire throttles, one PSD, and one V10, both manual tranny and I detected no such problems even with one truck towing a 3 axle trailer loaded to the gills.

There is either a problem with that new truck or driver technique is flawed.

Old 04-02-2005, 06:22 AM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,555 Likes on 1,334 Posts
It just takes a little getting use to with the 6 spd and the wire throttle. I was thinking the same when I got the new truck.Embarring to stall but you will get use to it. It certainly is no cable where jam it and go. And that's with over 700,000 miles in these ford manuals.But will agree that there is a throttle lag, finding that happy middle will come.Give it some time..