1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Dumb Thiefs

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 08:36 PM
Madathlon
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nope.. it was the 3am phone call from the PD about the break in.. I never seen any of the thiefs.. just the blood al over the bay floors.. And the bathroom..

Old 03-31-2005, 08:43 PM
huronfarmer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh...thats almost depressing......if it had to happen, i would at least wanted to see the whole thing as it was...
oh well, its probably for the better anyway...

Old 03-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Col Flashman
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well @ least that's one Nightmare you do not have to keep reliving in your sleep, Finding Dead & Injured Thieves inside your place of business.

Old 03-31-2005, 09:01 PM
Madathlon
Posting Guru
I was never worried about finding them there. Now im finding out how ^%#&*%## Hard it is to remove Blood for concret...

Old 03-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Col Flashman
Postmaster
Never stated you were, just stating that @ least you do no have to Relive being the First One TO Find them, because someone else releived you of that burden.

Lots of Bleech is what we use as Volinteer EMS, as well as the Pros from Dover do, in Cleaning up all sorts of Bodily Fluids. Bleech really works wonders, which also means you do not have to Worry about Picking anything up if you accidently get any on you during clean up, Kills bugs in all bodily fluids real quick.

Last edited by Col Flashman; 03-31-2005 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Madathlon
Posting Guru
Thanks Col.. And now I have a company coming out next week to put new concret in the hole in the floor from the OMC hitting it.. And than have it repainted...

Old 03-31-2005, 09:31 PM
Col Flashman
Postmaster
No worries, mate, we look out after one another here.

Just make sure they remember to put a Sealer on that Concrete before they paint it.

Old 03-31-2005, 09:32 PM
Madathlon
Posting Guru
Thats why I pay them to do it.. :d So if there a screw up.. its on them :d

Old 03-31-2005, 10:06 PM
darkman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The blood is a Bio Hazard and your insurance company should take care of it. Sounds like you need a better security system. Glad you didn't loose much. See if your local prosecuter will charge the third guy in the death of his partner. He should at least should get manslaughter charges. Maybe he called the cops after he left to help his injured friends. Definately Darwin Award canidates.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:13 PM
Madathlon
Posting Guru
The security system worked just right.. As soon as he open the front door, it went off.. No one thought of putting a senser on the cooler tho.. The Ins well pay for a Hazmat Clean up crew, If I wanted to wait the 3 weeks for them to arrange it all.. The PD pick up the 3 guy a few hours ago.. Found out he was in the ER for a broken arm ( I wonder how he did that? maybe it was a 40ft fall.. ) So im waiting to hear what the DA going to do..

Old 04-01-2005, 07:17 AM
azwafree
Senior User
I think the ACLU and/or OSHA may say something about your shop safety standards, directional signs, clearly marked exits andd entrances, quick phone access with emergency numbers. insurance, workers (and thiefs) rights notification postings, and available support personnel.

How many lawyers do you have?

Old 04-01-2005, 01:20 PM
texan2004
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Madathlon
Nope.. it was the 3am phone call from the PD about the break in.. I never seen any of the thiefs.. just the blood al over the bay floors.. And the bathroom..
Too bad. I was looking forward to seeing the pics in your gallery.

BTW - I wouldn't worry about a lawsuit here in TX but Cali is a different story. There was a thread on the Superduty fourm recently where a guy was sued for stopping to help at a car accident. See attached link:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=351073

Common sense should keep anyone from coming after you but they let Barretta and OJ off the hook out there. Glad to hear things worked out for you.

Old 04-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Madathlon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by azwafree
I think the ACLU and/or OSHA may say something about your shop safety standards, directional signs, clearly marked exits andd entrances, quick phone access with emergency numbers. insurance, workers (and thiefs) rights notification postings, and available support personnel.

How many lawyers do you have?
I think that I have no problem with ACLU or OSHA.. My shop is above all the standards set by OSHA amd ACLU.. The thief tryed to steal a 300 hp OMC Outboards.. this is about 500lbs.. And the thiefs used a Engine left.. Not the Overhead OB lift.. They had to extended out the boom way out past the max. and had it way off balance..

And for your info cence you just had to stick your foot in your mouth. I was a OSHA Supiviser And a Army Motorpool Chief for over 10 years.. And the Da al ready has granted me and my shop amunity for any and all Responcibly to the death and injury that thay incurred in my shop..

Old 04-01-2005, 06:48 PM
azwafree
Senior User
I didn't mean anything against you or your shop. I was only being sarcastic about the stories you hear when a good guy gets robbed and somehow the thieves get protected by a lawyer or agency. I know your situation isn't funny and I didn't mean to make light of it.

Old 04-01-2005, 11:09 PM
texan2004
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude,

I am on your side on this. I think the little retards got what they had coming and the two "survivors" should get some serious time (20 years +, no parole). That said, I'm glad the D.A. has agreed not to hold you responsible for anything. Afterall, how could he. You didn't kill or maim these idiots. My concern would be one of these scumbags or dead scumbag's family finiding a slimeball attorney to sue you for not maintaining a safe crime scene. In Texas, no way that happens. In California, I'd say there is a decent chance it does. I'd keep a good attorney on retainer, just in case. Sorry you had to deal with this and hope nothing devlops like the worst case scenario I have protrayed.

BTW - are you going to wire the overhead cooler for an alarm now?

Quick Reply: Dumb Thiefs