creative sub enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 09:37 PM
JamesRI
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
creative sub enclosure

I posted very recently about having a box under the rear seat of my 2002 F350 supercab- it can't happen.

I like solid bass. The sub enclosure by Q-logic(the one with the 2 cup holders) seems to need the seats fully forward. I have already decided on a head unit(pioneer), the 4 door speakers(audiobahns), the amp for the doors will be audiobahn. I need some ideas for the woofers. I am good at wood working, and would like something large enough to give good bass-with minimal intrusion on the cab. I am ready to complete my order, I just need to know the best way to get bass.
Thanks,
James

Old 03-30-2005, 10:37 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I have the Q-logic box (same one you're talking about) in my ext cab and didn't have to move the seat forward at all. In fact, I can't even move that middle seat anyways, it's not adjustable. I have a JL Audio 10" in it and it sounds incredible. No matter what you like, rock, alternative, country, metal, etc. it hits hard. I'm not sure about the watts since I don't have specs on my amp but I know I'm pushing few hundred at least through it (amp is the PPI Ax606.2). Anyways, it takes up hardly any space, I can still squeeze 3 people back there and it hits way harder than my friends Tahoe with 2-12's in it (realizing of course the speaker/amp quality, etc).

I got the box from Crutchfield at a discounted price through their scratch and dent section. Good luck!

Old 04-03-2005, 01:22 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think your best bet would be a box behind the seat