1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Service guide for 04?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 06:17 PM
TDN
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Service guide for 04?

Well I got my shop manual today and I must say I'm disappointed that it doesn't appear to have any info about how to perform regular maintenance. Of course I don't need diagrams on how to change the oil (duh), but some info on the other stuff (tranny service, coolant flush, transfer case, diffs, etc) would be nice. I guess I was expecting the same kind of info that was in the Haynes manual I had for my 97 F150. Am I missing something? At this point, the $16 Haynes was a lot more useful to me than this $145 shop manual (at least right now, with 24k miles, I don't expect to be taking the engine apart, but I would like to have some info on how to change the tranny fluid at 30k miles).

I looked for other Expy publications through Helm and I don't see anything that looks like a maintenance service guide or anything like that. And Haynes doesn't make a manual for the 03+ Expy (or for my wife's 04 Escape, for which I also bought the Ford shop manual).

Any suggestions?

-Tom

Old 03-11-2005, 12:05 AM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you can change the engine oil, then you shouldn't have any problems with the other things you mention. Fluid capacities & specifications are listed in the owner's manual. The drain/fill procedures are pretty straight-forward, but if/when you need help, we'll be HERE. Books? We don't need no stinking books!