1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

a serious message to the 48-60 forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 07:57 PM
matermow
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my best wishes and prayers to Master Cole

What a beautiful child. He looks like my son who is 2 years old. It brings a tear to my eye to know you, your family and Cole have to go through this. I wish you all the best and will pray for Cole and your family.

Dave

Old 03-08-2005, 08:35 PM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
John, I've had several conversations with you and you've been there for me whether you know it or not. and on more than one occasion. Not only is this website unique in that we all talk about trucks and what our next projects are, but we also communicate as a family. I've always admired several guys in here for their caring for each other and think it's fantastic what everyone is doing. I think we are all guilty of being sarcastic at times in our posts, but I feel we all do it in a loving manner and often just to vent frustrations. I've been a member in here for about a year now, or since I've had my truck. Although we are miles apart, have never met each other, we have that unique bond through as you mentioned our keyboard. I think it's great that everyone is pulling together for Cole. He is definitely a cute kid. I went through difficulty when my father had a stroke and lost his eyesight. It tramatized me and the family. The thought of my father not seeing and literally handicapped was more than I could deal with. I remember my wife told me during several times during the ordeal, and I'll never forget it, she told me, "Remember, we are not in control. No matter how hard we want, wish, we are not in control and God is" Somehow, that helped me. I couldn't understand why this would happen? I believed God had a reason and it's just a reminder to us that we really are not in control. I do know God answers prayers. (I don't want to sound like Rev. Imlowr2 here). With the great bunch of guys here, the support, the love, and the abundance of prayers. Cole is in great hands. Best of all, little Cole knows he has all of us here backing him up and pushing for a speedy recovery. I for one am thankful to you John, and everyone else in this forum.

Old 03-09-2005, 11:26 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
I too have been quiet, but you have been our in prayers all along. I have 3 grandkids and love them dearly. Some things are too deep for words - please give Cole a hug for us here at FTE.
Tim

Old 03-09-2005, 12:15 PM
hilltopfarms
Junior User
For Sure!

John,

One of the funny things about life (not as in funny ha ha, more like funny ironic) is sometimes events that appear to be a very bad thing at the time wind up to be just the reverse - an event that eventually results in a lot of good things. My hope is that when things have returned to normal for you and your family you'll still have the recurring memory that friends and family are what life is really about - too often we are so busy we forget that. I'm sure a number of people in this forum have had there own personal or family situations similar to yours - and in my experience you really don't know who you are until you've been "tested" a little. Our family had a "life changing" event a decade ago - and in spite of some continuing problems since, it made us stop and realize what's really important - and for those of you that don't have a clue - its not about how much time you spend at work each day (or who has the biggest house). . . .

I'll add you to my thoughts and prayers....

Old 03-09-2005, 09:46 PM
OilLeaks
Senior User
John, thanks for the pictures...Master Cole is indeed a fine looking man and we're praying for healing and a long life of wrenching with his Grampa. Thing is...he looks like he might be a straight axle man to me!

Keep the faith, Cole is in the hands of the Master and that's a good place to be.

Leaks

Old 03-10-2005, 06:17 AM
53Merc
Elder User
Smile

Originally Posted by hilltopfarms
John,

sometimes events that appear to be a very bad thing at the time wind up to be just the reverse - an event that eventually results in a lot of good things. My hope is that when things have returned to normal for you and your family you'll still have the recurring memory that friends and family are what life is really about - too often we are so busy we forget that.
Ditto, ...this has been my experience as well.

John, you, your wife, Cole and his parents are in our thoughts and prayers.
Imagine how wide spread we are, around the continent of North America and around the world... and imagine all those prayers, thoughts, donations and well wishes focused on Cole's healing!

teh research is well established now with cancer survivors and heart patients... those that receive prayer and focussed thought, regardless of the distance between the "patient" and "sender", fair much better than those that only get the best care available!

Keep those prayers coming folks. and I join mine with yours.

GW,
way up in the great white north [Canada]

Old 03-10-2005, 06:56 AM
jays57
New User
People are amazing! But more importantly children are incredible! My 3 1/2 year old son was stricken with bacterial meningitis this time last year, he suffered 2 strokes with severe brain trauma, right side paralisys, kidney & liver failure, deafness and blindness. There was very little hope of survival, and when he beat the odds and survived there was little hope of recovery, he was a vegtable. A year later our little miracle is walking, has almost completely overcome the paralisys, kidney & liver are fine, his sight is perfect, he has some hearing loss but we are working on hearing aids and basic sign language. We have some seizure activity but it is under control with meds. Next week our son Jayden will start a early intervention Special education program, we were unsure if we would ever see this day. It is a big step on our road to recovery. We could not have done it without the amazing support from family and friends, and even total strangers. People are good! As you see this post is for Jays57 that is beacause this is his truck I am building for him, it will probaly be painted like Spongebob Squarepants. Always stay stong, positive and keep the faith. You can follow our journey at www.jaydensjourney.com -Love Andy, Jenny & Jayden
www.jaydensjourney.com

Old 03-10-2005, 09:40 AM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Jay 57 - I just read your post and went to the website. Its this kinda stuff that rips me apart, as a father of twin 6 year old boys, it makes an even stronger impact. Unfortunately, these stories are reality and occur more than we know. It reaffirms the fact that we have to count our blessing daily. Its also good to hear Jay is recovering. He's very lucky to have parents who are supportive as you and your wife. My family will be praying for Jay also. Can't wait to see the Sponge Bob paint. I may get inspired and paint mine like Power rangers or something. LOL... By the way, welcome to FTE...

Last edited by imlowr2; 03-10-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:49 AM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
John

I couldn't agree more, this forum is a very special place for many of us, for a variety of reasons. I get a lot of support here, whether on the truck, or just when I'm having a bad day and need a friend to laugh with. I can even drop an email to you, George, Bill, Peter or a few of my new friends here. Somehow, you guys can usually show me the optimistic side of a natural disaster.

I'm sure all this makes you feel more than a little uncomfortable. I know you aren't financially devasted at this time. But Cole's parents are about to be. It's unavoidable. People gave for their own reason. I just wanted to do a small part to make sure that your family can spend every second possible with Cole during his treatment. I feel there is a lot of healing power in that.

If you really feel the need to "owe us" anything, then I guess if would be your continued friendship. Something you have always given unconditionally here.

Thanks,

Last edited by fatfenders; 03-10-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Jet Jock
Elder User
John

I am proud to be part of this group. This is a special group of guys & gals that can rally behind a good cause. I pray for Cole everyday and for your family. I am also very happy to see just how many others are comitted to praying for Cole.

God Bless Your Family

Bill

Old 03-10-2005, 08:28 PM
huronfarmer
Senior User
Dewayne, you hit the nail right on the head, in saying that "if there was anyway to repay..."etc. There is nothing more precious in the world than friends and family. I dont mean to sound like a broken record, but i, too, believe that everything happens for a reason (not in the sence that he deserved it...not like that at all). Cole is a handsome young man, and the "bottom" is only soo deep. Since this HAD to happen to him, i have no doubts that something else in his life may try to make it all back up to him later on. You may have the next little Bill Gates on your hand there, or President of the United States. Somehow, the Big Guy will make it up to little Cole, I have no doubts...He will still remain in all out thoughts and prayers as he continues to recover. This forum is a beautiful thing....

Darrell

Old 03-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Jet Jock
Elder User
All
The weekly donations this week were $60, which include $10 cash from a preacher I was telling about Cole. He said he would put him on his prayer list

Remember guys don't quit praying

Bill

Old 03-11-2005, 10:01 PM
jeffh
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John, I wish the best of luck for your family and you and hope Cole continues to improve.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:08 PM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After seeing the pictures and reading the threads I know God has his hands all over this situation. This forum is the best and you guys have proven that there still are good people in this world. God loves his children and will protect them.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Walston
Cargo Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Prayers and best wishes.

Walston and Son

Quick Reply: a serious message to the 48-60 forum