Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   a serious message to the 48-60 forum (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/352664-a-serious-message-to-the-48-60-forum.html)

jniolon 03-07-2005 04:32 PM

a serious message to the 48-60 forum

Fellow FTE’rs

This is a wonderful medium we have here and it has brought us all together sharing our common love of old Ford trucks. But, with a few exceptions, most of us are only known to each other by what we type into our computers.

The Supernats and other gatherings have afforded some of us an opportunity to put faces with the words and to share a meal or a libation and sometimes even some work on our vehicles (or in my case… my collection of parts)

So in one way it is amazing that close friendships have formed with nothing more than the written word between us. While there is an occasional feather ruffled or toe crunched we all play well together and get along like we should. And 99.8% of us enjoy the harmless ribbing or sarcastic remark and we all, at one time or another, get our shots in.

I’m probably known best (other than the countless restarts on areas of my truck) for my sarcasm and lopsided sense of humor and refusal to take anything seriously. But I want you to take what I say here as the most honest and sincere thing I’ve ever written on this forum.

When Dewayne and Bill came up with their plans to help my daughter, son-in-law and my very special grandson get through a very difficult time, I was totally surprised and shocked and humbled. Not surprised because they would offer to do it… that’s the kind of individuals these two guys are… but surprised because of what I wrote at first… the only connection we as a group have is this keyboard and what we type. In the ‘normal’ Internet groups/forums/boards (or at least some I wander thru) it’s more like a place to exchange information and that’s about the extent of it. I’ve always felt the FTE site was different and special and I knew the members were also.. I just didn’t know how special !!

What you’ve guys ( and ladies) have joined in to do is simply amazing. The donations… the bidding of parts (some of which I know you really didn’t need) and the sponsoring of auctions goes much further than normal ‘internet’ friends would go. The posts of prayers and good wishes, the emails from individuals, and last but not least, the money has been totally overwhelming to me.

I’d mentioned to Dewayne and Bill that this whole experience and the outpouring of love and prayer for Cole has humbled me greatly and shown me what a really bad job I’ve done ministering to my friends and family in time of need. You guys have taught me how to be a person that does that extra thing that shows you truly care. I hope in the future to live by your example.

Some of you have been through some very hard times in the last few years and shared it with our group.. looking back I can see where I didn’t always offer what I could have in those situations.. for those times I apologize and promise to do better in the future… to pay it forward.

When the doctors gave us the diagnosis we all sat down as a family and discussed the options for Cole and what was involved in each. I thought that St. Jude’s was the right thing to do. Both of the parents going was a given and after the seeing what is involved there between treatments and stress and the living apart, I can’t imagine how one parent could possible do it all.

I made a commitment to them to cover their finances so they could both quit school and jobs and be there for Cole and for each other. Their regular budgeted expenses won’t be too much of a strain…nothing we can’t take care of. But, as always, unexpected things come up and additional things are needed… you guys have seen to it that these things can be covered and have provided a nice cushion for them to fall back on.

I seem to be doing a lot more praying over the past few months.. in fact it seems to have filled in all my spare time and some of the other time also. Of course, most of that is for Cole and his family but I’ve had to expand my prayer request to cover others that I see are in much greater need than we are. And, the wonderful people that are praying for me and my family. At the top of that list is THIS great group of individuals on the FTE forum who’ve come together to help my family. I pray every day for your health and happiness. I ask for healing and resolution for whatever illness or problems there are in your lives.

There is no way we could properly thank you individually for your unselfish gifts and especially your prayers. So, please consider this our most heartfelt thanks and a promise to be there for you like you have been for my family and I. You guys are definitely the best !!! God bless you all and you know where to find me should the need arise.

John & Peggy Niolon
Lisa & Jason Tanner
And of course… Master Cole Tanner

p.s. there’s a couple of pics attached… before and after surgery… he’s still got some weakness on his left side and eye problems from the surgery… but nothing that can’t be overcome

http://www.clubfte.com/users/jniolon/colie002a.jpg
http://www.clubfte.com/users/jniolon/hospital006a.jpg

Madathlon 03-07-2005 06:47 PM

I have said it before and I'll say it agian.. This Board hase some amazing members on it and there great people..

God bless them all and my best wishes to your family

tip49 03-07-2005 06:52 PM

John;

Your family's current situation brings home to all of us how precious our friends and family really are. I am gratified and thank full to know there are people in our special group, who have the character that has been displayed in the recent days. I think of you and your family daily; and pray for your grandson.

Tom

barry 03-07-2005 07:12 PM

I think that I speak for all of us wishing and praying that all goes well for Cole and of course all of you. I thank my lucky stars that my family has been blessed with good health for the most part, and I know deep down inside my heart, Cole will come thru this with flying colors! Your sense of humor just shows how different and the same we all are. It's just our common bond is Ford trucks.
I came in on this situation kind of late ( I don't know how I missed the going ons about this) but I think of your family every day. I think we all do!
Keep your chin up and take care of everyone!

Barry

50 F-1

55forder 03-07-2005 07:23 PM

Boy, he sure is a handsome lil man. We do share something special here at FTE, and Im proud to be a part of it.

Best wishes to you and the family John, and a speedy and full recovery for Master Cole!

I have God on the phone right now, and he says hes got a close eye on you all. :)

:-X22 Rich

CIAF 03-07-2005 09:59 PM

God hold and keep Cole and your entire family in his hands John. I spotted a key ( pay it forward" ) in your post and can only say that it is a must and that is why I continue to breathe today. Sincerely, Jonathan

Sore Knuckles 03-08-2005 06:04 AM

I was diagnosed with a brain cancer back in Sept. 2004. I had surgery to remove a tumor and have been undergoing radiation and chemo. It has been a difficult time for my family, but I couldn't imagine the pain of having to see one of my children or grandchildren go through what Cole is experiencing. He is a beautiful child. The Bible teaches us to "Trust in the Lord and the power of his might." We will certainly remember you and your family in our prayers.

Clarence

theGman 03-08-2005 06:10 AM

You all are in our prayers.

fordor 03-08-2005 07:38 AM

I hope everything works out for the little guy. All kids deserve a chance to expierence life. God bless your family.

mt54 03-08-2005 08:18 AM

John,
You are a prime example of the quality people here at FTE, as I mentioned before you were one of the individuals that I was most looking forward to meeting at the Nationals. You are held in high regard here on the forum. You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers daily, and I wish there was more we could do, but it seems to be in bigger stronger hands now, with that we will take comfort.

What a handsome little guy, What a blessing

Mike

galaxy5oo 03-08-2005 09:11 AM

John,
I am pretty new and I just read about your grandson from a thread the other day. I just wanted to say I am glad the surgery went well and I will keep him and all of your family in prayers. I know you guys are really proud of him and he really looks like a great kid with a big heart and a lot of guts. I am sure he will pull through this with flying colors.

Huntsman 03-08-2005 11:19 AM

John,
I have been following the posts about your grandson and have reframed from posting, not because I didn’t care, but because I just didn't know what to say or 'how' to say it in a way that would convey my true heart felt feelings for him and your family and what you all must be going through.

I have a grandson about the same age as Cole and know how attached a grandfather can get to a little fellow in such a very short time. I know from what has been written, that there is nothing you wouldn’t do to make him well again if you could. I also know that God has a reason and a plan and Cole is right in the middle of it. I pray for my family everyday and I will pray for yours as well.

Clarence, I agree with you on how hard it is to see the little ones suffer and for that reason I could never work around sick children but God bless those that do, they are the heroes in my book. Someday we will understand why things happen the way they do…until then we can only hold on and pray. God bless you all.

Gear Up 03-08-2005 11:32 AM

Our children are a gift from the Lord and we need to take care and nurture them. They are with us for a short time and they go on and join others. In loosing our son last fall that point was made all too clear. A grandson is all too precious and to see a little one endure hardships is extremely difficult. I have been praying and will continue to do so for Coles recovery. May the Lord Bless you and your family.

Gear Up

mikew 03-08-2005 12:12 PM

John,
You and your family is definitely in my thoughts. I know how aweful I feel when my son is sick with a cold even. Can't really imagine the feelings that your family is going through.

Mike

55Bubba 03-08-2005 06:45 PM

John,

You and I take a lot of ribbing for being hillbillys, rebels, or yokels :-D . But another thing the South is known for is our devotion to family and a willingness to roll up our sleeves and help our friends and neighbors. Dewayne and Bill have taken that concern to a higher level. The native Americans (per Jeriamiah Johnson) measure their stature by the power of their enemies. I think your esteem is measured by the quality of your friends. We all join in wishing for Cole's speedy recovery and that his parents and grandparents will be edified during the recovery. It is our prayer that the health professionals be clear of mind and steady of hand as they treat the little guy. We know that with the Great Physician, nothing is impossible.

We pray for you all daily,

With friendship,

Steve