Sponsored by: DP Tuner

where to get new O-rings?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 09:07 PM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
where to get new O-rings?

where is the best (and cheapest) place to get a new set of Injector O-rings?only websites i know of list Performance parts, no regular upkeep parts. i'm guessing my smoking problem at start-up is o-rings. 202K and no idea of injector history.

Old 03-06-2005, 05:02 AM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
yeah, i'll stop in the International place, gotta head to that neighborhood early this week for exhaust clamps.

Old 03-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last time I bought some, I got them from the International dealer, for about $9 a set. Ford wants considerably more, for the same thing.

Old 03-06-2005, 08:46 AM
barebackjake
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funny part about that ford/international price differnce, can go to international and buy new truck that will go 500k on the motor and 1m on the chassis for 80 and a new ford cost 50k is it just me the 2005's feel cheap???

Old 03-06-2005, 12:46 PM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
i guess the only way to find out if its the O-rings thats causing my smoking problem would be to replace them and hope? i mean, i'm sure it wouldn't hurt it any other than my wallet, but i'm just gonna hope thats what it is cause i don't have a clue what else could be smoking....so i'd need 8 sets of O-rings? gonna have to do some research on some of the "diesel help" sites on how to do them, i know theres a trick to it.

Old 03-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 825 Likes on 629 Posts
Originally Posted by RedStroker6
i guess the only way to find out if its the O-rings thats causing my smoking problem would be to replace them and hope? i mean, i'm sure it wouldn't hurt it any other than my wallet, but i'm just gonna hope thats what it is cause i don't have a clue what else could be smoking....so i'd need 8 sets of O-rings? gonna have to do some research on some of the "diesel help" sites on how to do them, i know theres a trick to it.
I personally have not had to do mine yet but it's a fairly straightforward task. The main thing to remember is to drain the HPOP and fuel rails before you pull your first injector. If you don't it will run down into the compbustion chambers. From there you have to get it out by rotating the engine over and allowing it to squirt out the injector holes before you put them back in. If you don't the engine will hydrolock at best and at worst break ring grooves, bend connecting rods, etc.