e4od lock up ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 04:24 PM
chrisjrosenbohm
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e4od lock up ???

hi i have a 93 f350 7.3 na e4od 221k
tranny shifts good it jus seems like it locks up too early when its cold shifts fine thru all gears when it warms up enough so the converter will lock it shifts 1-2 fine then 2-3rd locking the tc immediatley then to 4th keeping it locked if i am like at 1/4 throttle it will go to 3rd fine then lock up but any more or any less throttle it will lock immediatley in 3rd and when i mat (floor) it the converter doesnt unlock is this proper for the e4od i have checked the tps and it is in spec any ideas thanks
chris

Old 03-04-2005, 01:20 PM
PLC7.3
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you check the TPS?FIPL with the idle speed set to specs see your valve cover. Auto is in drive setting for the #.

Check all the connections especially the one on the right side with the tin cover, remove the tin heat shield, remove the solenoid connector by pushing on the center tab and pulling up on the wire harness. Always reinstall the tin heat shield.

Old 03-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Ironpants
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check the VSS in the rear diff. It may need to be cleaned or replaced.
As well, clear any codes (after checking and correcting them, of course) from the computer.

Mine was almost the same, would shift fine for about a minute or 2 then it went to hard shifts. I figured the fluid in teh rear diff was warming up/splashing around to cause the VSS to give the computer inaccurate readings.

Does your Speedo bounce at a certain speed?
Does the OD light flash?