General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Boots

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Southernguy101
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boots

What is your favorite boot brand I have to say mine is chippewa

Old 02-28-2005, 05:18 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ive worn Wolverines, and now a pair of Red Wings. These wings stink! They were almost double the Wolverines too. Last pair I ever buy.

Old 02-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Southernguy101
Senior User
You might want to try chippewa my loggers cost around $100 and they are really comforable.

Old 02-28-2005, 05:38 PM
DT 466Man
Posting Guru
Cat's,Justin,Georgia,and Durango's

Cat's for work

Old 02-28-2005, 05:49 PM
ckal704
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I wear Red Wings every day. One pair costs $90.00. I get 3 years out of every pair. Did I mention that I wear them every day? I do mean daily except for the 2 weeks that I go on vacation at the beach.
To me, $30.00 per year for a quality, comfortable work shoe is a pretty sweet deal.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:00 PM
trike1946
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't get Red Wings to fit right. I need a high top insulated boot. I get Wolverines when I can find the right fit, but that is not often. I just bought a pair of Rockys. Probably made in Asia somewhere, but they fit great and are waterproof. I used to get Herman survivors too until Wal Mart got them. The quality went down hill.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:56 PM
ckal704
Postmaster

I guess I should say that the Red Wings I buy are the ankle height work shoe style. I don't use the outdoor, insulated boots.
Nevertheless, I love the shoes. I did used to (for about 12 years) wear their "Pecos" style pull-on (read "cowboy") boot with steel toes. They also were great, but I switched to lace-up shoes.
Been wearing RedWings for about 25 years.

Old 02-28-2005, 07:07 PM
Crumm
Elder User
I have a couple pair of White's. They have a nice arch and if you can custom order them to fit just right or get a pair off the shelf. I have one pair I bought off the shelf and one pair that I custom ordered, they both feel the same. You can check them out HERE. Both pair I have are the original packer, one insulated for winter and the other non-insulated.

Old 02-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Flash
Posting Guru
Olathe Boots and don't look back. It will be the best boot you ever had. For you city folks that can't get boots to fit, put them on, fill them with water and wear them til they dry out. They will conform to your foot and be very comfortable. In the country, we just take a walk thru the stock tank and then go for a walk in the country. Works every time for the last 55 years.

Old 02-28-2005, 07:45 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm wearing a $190 pair of Red wings right now. They are the only boots that I can find to fit my fat feet. With the discounts I get at the store and the work voucher. I paid $52 for my boots. The last pair lasted almost five years. I did have a new sole put on about two years. I still have the old pair to kick around in while doing work around the yard and truck.

My boots are on about 15 hours a day six days a week. So I think they hold up pretty well. And yes they are steel toe.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:05 PM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Western boots- Tony Llama
Daily- Hi-Tec magnums
Outdoors- Georgia Boot

All of them do what I ask of them very well.

Old 02-28-2005, 10:06 PM
NDrum2005
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 3 pair of Redwings are the most comfortable....Ive got two pair of 1155 (Cowboy style pull on) and 1 pair of 2221 (Steel-toe Lace up lineman)

Ive got one pair of Harley-Davidson motorcycle boots, 2 pair of Justin western lace-ups, and one pair of Bullhide Nocona's.

In my opinion, Redwing makes the best work boot. Justin makes the best low-end cowboy boot. Lucchese makes the best high-end cowboy boot, followed by Nocona.

Old 02-28-2005, 11:35 PM
ckal704
Postmaster

Originally Posted by Flash
Olathe Boots and don't look back. It will be the best boot you ever had. For you city folks that can't get boots to fit, put them on, fill them with water and wear them til they dry out. They will conform to your foot and be very comfortable. In the country, we just take a walk thru the stock tank and then go for a walk in the country. Works every time for the last 55 years.
Iwas in Olathe twice many years ago when I took students to the National FFA convention. I bought a pair of elephant skin boots the first time out (before it was illegal to sell elephant hide) and a pair of bull hide boots the second time out. I live in PA, and I only got out there every 3 years (on rotation for the trip with other teachers in my department)
Olathe Boot Co. gave us a great tour of their mfg. facility and I was sold on their boots. I loved them until I wore them out. Completely out. They were falling off my feet when I stopped wearing them.
Since the National FFA convention moved away from KC, MO I have not been out that away. I wore Red Wings during (while at work) and since the time I bought the Olathe boots and as I have said previously, they are high durable, although I can only speak for their "work shoe" type footwear.
I can say this for sure: If you want a great fitting and durable cowboy style boot, none of the national brands can hold a candle to Olathe. They are hand-made and they fit like a glove! When I retire and take my cross-country motorcycle ride, I will be swinging by Olathe, Kansas to pick up a new pair of skids!

Old 02-28-2005, 11:57 PM
wlihntr
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for hunting and hiking, Merrel and Vasque fit and work for me the best.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Birdhunter1
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
My dress shoes for work are Dockers.
I have a pair of caterpillar steel toes, didn't care for the fit too much. About the only time I wear them now is while running a chainsaw.
When I was a sheetmetal worker I use to wear out a pair of Wolverine work boots every year, but I was rough on them. They are very comfortable, throug the summers though they'd see 16-17 hour days between work and farm. I had to go with a wellington style boot later (walking in and out of brand new houses with muddy boots isn't good) to slip on and off.
Now my work boot on the farm is a Justin roper series (I think), very good fit and comfortable, I've had them about thre years and aside from the battery acid that got on them they are still in great shape. To treat them I drain oil from the tractor into a pna and once in a while I will stand in the pan afterwards to treat my boots, then wipe off with an old rag and go on about my day.
My dress boots (black cowboy boots) are also by Justin, they are treated differently. I've had them a litle over 5 years and they are in great shape, had them re-soled about a year ago.
My hunting boots, I have a pair of LaCrosse waterproof 200 gram thinsulate that are comfortable enough to bird hunt in everyday, but not 100% waterproof for a full day and gumbo mud clings to them too much. The other pair I have are a pair of LL Bean pac boots that are light as a feather, 100% waterproof, mud doesn't stick to them, I can wear them for 15 miles or so on a quail hunt and not sweat in them or become uncomfortable. Not super warm for sitting still but quail hunting and foot comfort depends on heat from walking to keep your feet warm. Basically if I can keep my feet dry they will generate enough heat to keep warm. The LL Beans are the closest to being perfect boot for quail hunting I have found yet, at least for me.

Quick Reply: Boots