Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Forming The FTE Tennessee Chapter

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 01:44 AM
Nightrain
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forming The FTE Tennessee Chapter

After a long discussion, and quite a lenght of time has past, I now believe that it is time to form the FTE Tennessee Chapter!

Discussion for the new chapter started here, and lots of new and unique ideas were thrown around. It seems that I have been elected the Leader for the Tennessee Chapter, and I will stand firm and hold true to the beliefs and values that our new Chapter will put forth and represent.

Greywolf has rejoined the mix and he has offered to put forth his valued time in aiding us with our new organization. But, input is still needed from our fellow Tennessee FTE Members. Without you, there is no reason to even have a club. This is something that will benefit all of us if everyone will come together and offer something to our club. If it's only a small bit of time to tell your friends about us, or if you devote every extra cent and mile to our cause.

I believe that Greywolf and I have come up with an excellent system that will greatly reduce confusion and wasted time within our organization. All that we need is input. That's all that we ask at this point.

The first thing that I want to do is get a Roll Call of EVERYONE here from Tennessee. If you would, reply to this thread, beginning with your City and County within Tennessee. This will let us know the location of our fellow members and aid in the decision and planning process on where to hold meetings, gatherings, etc.

One thing that Greywolf and I talked about was a way for us to meet without having to drive too far out of our way. Tennessee is almost 550 miles from end-to-end. Even if we had a statewide meet in Nashville, members from the westernmost and easternmost parts of the state would be driving out of their way everytime that we got ready to get together.

Something that we talked about was actually dividing the state into its three sections; West, Middle, and East. Out of those divisions, a Chapter Head will be assigned to each section. We can call our divided chapters "Sub-Chapters". This will make it easier on the ones not willing to travel the longer distances. Then, we could possibly have a statewide meet twice per year to get everyone together and have a blast!

How is all of this sounding?

Meetings and gatherings held by Sub-Chapters will be most likely the same as those of the regular Chapter meetings, only a smaller group will be present. I am hoping that we can set some manditory dates for Sub-Chapter meetings. If so, it might be possible for me to attend all manditory Sub-Chapter Meetings. Gatherings, cruises, hang-outs, etc. can be decided by the Sub-Chapter members and Chapter Head seperately. The statewide get togethers can be decided by the whole chapter itself.

Within the great state of Tennessee and its 94 counties, (I believe I counted them correctly), a County Club Represenative (CCR) can be assigned to represent our club within each individual county. They can help recruit their friends and neighbors to join our club. This will also aid in the planning for events involving our chapter.

Everyone following along so far?

I believe that we can make this work if we all put our heads together and come up with new ideas and plans for our forming chapter. This is the most time-consuming part of the process, but I believe that all of us together as one can make it work.

Input from ya'll is greatly appreciated. God only knows that it is needed greatly. I am hoping and praying to have this chapter up and running by June 2005. I don't think that is a hard goal to meet. That gives us plently of time to get everything together and prepared for another awesome FTE Chapter!

Thank you for your support and for your prayers.

God Bless You All!

Nightrain

Old 02-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I second that -

But I do think online meetings would likely be a staple for thosesub-chapter and statewide meets. That way, if someone would not ordinarily be able to afford to roll on out to a meet on a regular basis - nobody would be left out.

The downside though, is that it would take up a lot of server bandwidth...
- I move that we ask KPayne about that before we do meetings online.
(It seemed like a good idea, but when I thought about the server traffic I got a guilty conscience)

We can always do PM's and E-Mails, and of course post the minutes of meetings (meets) on the chapter threads. No harm in that...

The main thing though, is to stir up some interaction among club members that live nearer eachother than we might realise, and of course - all of us will benefit if we pool our resourses and network together on where to find things.

Besides, I for one plan on having some BROBDINGNAGIAN Bar-B-Ques this summer!!!

~Wolf

Old 02-28-2005, 08:06 AM
Bootskillet
Junior User
Franklin in Williamson County

Old 02-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
WELL MET!

Lets git this thing goin', and happennin'....

(Ain't nothing stopping us, but us)

~Wolf

PS: I could offer a steak dinner - but it would be "Dutch Treat", dontcha know....

Old 02-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Speaking of:

There is a not half bad steak house in ATOKA -

I liked the $10.99 extra rare I had down there a while ago, it's (I think) called the "Claybrook" and its out by crosstown, behind the Penny Pantry.

Any Y'all wanna meet for a dinner sometime soon?

I'd be pleased as punch to see y'all....

~Greywolf

Old 03-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Slaughter69
Freshman User
Johnson City In Sullivan County TN

Old 03-02-2005, 02:41 AM
parks911
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Apison in Hamilton County

Old 03-02-2005, 04:02 PM
fordfan302
More Turbo
Cleveland in Bradley County

Old 03-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Nightrain
Posting Guru
Fellas, everything is looking mighty fine! So far, we've had more responses than I expected. I'm excited!

Wolf, we'll have to get together and do something. Already, it seems, that we're all pretty well spread out. Nothing wrong with that, though. It does make things a challenge, but all of us Tennesseeans like a challenge!

I'd like to see some more people become interested and we'll work from there. It's just now almost spring time! We've got all the time in the world!

Keep 'em comin' fellas! You're doing great!

Nightrain

Old 03-05-2005, 09:25 AM
fx4fssc
New User
Kingsport in Sullivan Co

Old 03-06-2005, 09:48 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Greeneville, Greene County.

Tim

Old 03-12-2005, 10:36 AM
blueoval65
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Russellville in Hamblen Co.

note: I put in a request to join chapter. Not sure if I'm a member. If not,and I'm speaking out of turn, I apologize.

Later

Old 03-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Your profile says you don't belong to any group.

The chapter leader is the one that approves people.

Old 03-14-2005, 07:11 PM
jcdtjaj
Freshman User
Thumbs up

Memphis, Shelby Co.

Old 03-15-2005, 09:28 PM
cosmicv
New User
Pegram just a few miles west of Nashville