General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Lawn Mowers

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 07:01 PM
Pmpmrderrr
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lawn Mowers

It is simple Ford is the best.

Yah so I let my friend barrow my lawn mower. He gives it back to me and I take a look at the blade after I am gone and it was wasted. It looked like he took it in his Ex Girlfriends house and had at it. Damn ***** Vrroommm (all her make-up) ya anyways blade was ruined. I went down to Sears where I bought it got exsact blade I had before but this time I got the premium blade o00o!! I went home put the new blade in my lawn mower I put gas in it ect... The lawns are really long by now cause he had it for a week and a half. I go to start it up it starts revving up really high... Even when I had it on lowest gas setting. Than I noticed the wire going from the handle to the engine is just handing out there. Under the wire there is a clip, I am looking at this metal clip and I am thinking how the heck could that wire get out... There is no way it could have so my next objective is that it is missing a piece. so I said well maybe it will work now just out of merr wonder I started it up again it revved up and died. I said hmm and started it up again and it was flooded. How it got flooded I have no idea cause I didn't keep pushing the button to fill the carb with gas. I got hungry so I threw it back in my garage and made something to eat cause I mean not like I am gonna be able to fix it. heeh I tell you that someother time... MY fixing skills for things heh not good I am a builder not a fixer.

I don't know what to do and I do know not to take it to a service place cause they will charge u like 60$$ just to look at it. Than probably 90$$ dollars for some little rubber thing... And than when I use it after a week the engine will stop running and the wheels will fall off and than I notice everything has schotch tape on it. and i have to go back to get it fixed.

Ohh yah this is the same way with many ford dealers. Ya knowm go to get your oil changed and oopps they forgot to put the cap on when they finished. Happend to my mom..

Anyone have any ideas? What the heck should I do with dat mower

thanks guys!

Old 12-10-2001, 07:56 PM
94van
Posting Guru
Lawn Mowers

Get the model number on the tag attached to the mower. Go to http://www.sears.com Go to the parts link, put in your mower number. They should have a parts breakdown that may help you figure out how the throttle cable goes. If necessary, you can order parts there also.

Too bad you don't live up the street from me, I used to own a mower repair shop and know them pretty well.

'89 5.0 Mustang LX 5 speed. Original Owner.
'94 E150 MK-III Hi-Top Conversion Van. 4.9/C-6

Old 12-10-2001, 08:16 PM
Bull
Senior User
Lawn Mowers

The question is... Shouldn't your friend be doing all the work fixing it?

Old 12-11-2001, 07:34 AM
94van
Posting Guru
Lawn Mowers

If this guy was a "Friend", I don't think I would want him to touch it, even if it was to take it to a shop.

'89 5.0 Mustang LX 5 speed. Original Owner.
'94 E150 MK-III Hi-Top Conversion Van. 4.9/C-6

Old 12-11-2001, 12:34 PM
Pmpmrderrr
Freshman User
Lawn Mowers

It is simple Ford is the best.

No kidin that guy is machine dumb. I just steal some money from him and get it fixed. heehh If I were to make him fix it he would duck tape the throttle cabble to the engine and say good as new. Hes a nice guy but he can't tell a chevy from a ford. Let alone anything else.

Old 12-11-2001, 07:13 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lawn Mowers

No...
What you should do is confront him with the damage he has done.
Inform him that he is NOT going to "Fix" it, that it will be repaired by an authorised service center, or REPLACED (outright) by him.

And he also owes you for the new blade (I see no need to tell him it was an upgrade).

Be sure to specify a time limit. Otherwise he will string you along indefinitely. You know this, by the sound of it.

The man destroyed your property, MUST have known it, and if you let him just walk away scott free, then who is the bigger fool?

Learn from this - never loan anything to someone who SHOULD REASONABLY HAVE HAD what they wanted to borrow in the first place.

But DON'T get stuck for the repairs, that stuff is on HIM.

Unless of course you feel it is your lifes mission to provide lawn mowers, etc... for other people to destroy...

I say screw the guy! He knew what he did.

Old 12-12-2001, 01:24 PM
rocky
Elder User
Lawn Mowers