Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  

Front brake pulse/squeek

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 06:18 PM
jeh250
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front brake pulse/squeek

My 2001 F150 4x4 Ext. Cab front brakes have me at wits end. When I bought the truck a year ago, I observed that it had new front pads. After a week or so it developed a squeek, squeek, squeek (one per wheel revolution) in the front right, but brakes functioned fine. Had brakes repaired after a couple of months. He cleaned them up and replaced one rotor. Worked fine for a couple of weeks then squeek came back. Over time it developed a pulsing that felt like a warped rotor. Frustrated, I rolled up my sleeves and dove in to fix it myself. New Bendix pads, new Bendix rotors and clean, meticulous re-assembly. Brakes were great!!! (for about two days). Now squeek, squeek, squeek has returned as well as the pulsating. Now I'm thinking bearings, hubs? Any suggestions?

Old 02-20-2005, 08:19 PM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
how are your rear brakes? drum/disc? my 97 has the same thing going on and i thought it was the front also to no avail. i have drum brakes in the rear turns out it was a warped drum. easy way to tell......ride down the road not fast and stop using the e-brake only. if it does the same thing check out your rear brakes.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:39 AM
jeh250
Freshman User
Rear brakes are disk also. I did try the e-brake test to no avail. It's definitely in the front. I'm thinking bad bearing or bent hub. The mystery is why new rotors or newly machined rotors make the problem disappear short term. Thanks for the suggestion.