General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

What a unbelieveable day!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 02:54 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What a unbelieveable day!!!!

You probally couldn't imaging the type of day yesterday was for me. You know good ole Murphy's law. What can go wrong, will go wrong or something like that.
Below to the left is my planned itinery for yesterday. To the right is the actual itinery.

Planned------------------------------------------------- ---------actual

5:30 = Wake up--------------------------------------------8:19 = woke up
7:00 = Pick up brother-------------------------------------10:30 = picked up brother
7:30 = start driving to Iowa to get my Camaro--------------11:30 = Left for drive to Iowa to get the car
1:30 = arrive in Ft. Dodge----------------------------------4:00 = actual arrival time after running out of gas on I-35
1:45 = Start car & drive home------------------------------4:15 = Go to car & hear click, click, click while trying to start
----------------------------------------------------------4:16 = Jump start car several time
----------------------------------------------------------4:30 = realize I have a bad alt.
----------------------------------------------------------5:00 = say screw it, bought new battery & jumper cables
-----------------------------------------------------------5:15 = put new battery in the car & hit the road
-----------------------------------------------------------5:45 = While running 100mph plus the alt. kicks in
7:30 = arrive at home with the Camaro----------------------7:30 = Just south of MSP I blow up the tranny
-----------------------------------------------------------7:35 = check fluids & get the car to catch second gear
----------------------------------------------------------11:30 = arrive back at brother's house in St. Cloud, MN
----------------------------------------------------------11:45 = leave Camaro at brother's Drive GP home
-----------------------------------------------------------1:30 = Arrive at home

As you can see it was a long day. I'm rather surprised that the old car could handle the speeds that I was pushing it. We went over 200 miles at over 100mph. Both my Grand Prix & Camaro were running that speed well. I'm sure it contributed to blowing out a couple clutch packs, but it is only a project car & the tranny hasn't been touched yet.
Luckily we didn't run into any law enforcement. At one time there were 5 of us running together, I have no idea who the other 3 drivers were.

So if you were driving up I-35 last night in Northern Iowa & Southern MN and were passed by a Grand Prix with a white Camaro drafting it. Then that would have been us. Or if you were west on I-94 between Minneapolis & St. Cloud and you saw a white Camaro moving slow with a Grand Prix drafting it then once again it was us. Did get the car to my brother's house in St. Cloud though, under it's own power even.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:24 PM
longview1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is some day alright.

And it all started because of the sleep in.
I find whenever I sleep in You can pretty much count on a real cruddy day. Seems like everytime. All beecause you got a little extra Z's.

Me and the guy I work with we had a pretty bad day the other day. We drive out to lease about 75 Miles away from town. We have to instal a Wilden pump (for heat trace) and light a brush fire (it was a big one). We start by TRYING to get this fire going, which consisted of more dirt than logs and branches, we spent three hours and aabout 10 gallons of compressor oil, it didnt burn. We then went to the other lease to put in that pump, we just finished putting the stainless fittings in and were looking over what are plans were, and POP, the pump breaks in two. Didnt get a tghing done in that 12 hr day.

Old 02-13-2005, 09:01 PM
'961506
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks, i personally would blame it on the chevy lol