General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Rejected by somebody you thought was your friend

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Dariand1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rejected by somebody you thought was your friend

One time there was this girl who didn't want to hang out with me at the wedding cause she wanted to hang out with her other friends, it's like that she was too good and sophisticated to be my friend and me compared to her I thought that I belonged in the garbage can, we were entirely different people cause I was in special education and she wasn't, she had alot more friends than I did and I felt that I deserved to have as many friends as her, do you think that this girl turned out to be a good friend, I thought that she was cause we were friends back in high school although she was a little snobby then.

Old 02-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Cool1996
Senior User
Of course you deserve to have as many friends. I am in high school now and i hate every minute of it. I am not in the "in crowd" so i have one friend. his name is brad. i guess i could call him a friend but he is a chebby guy and he wouldn't have my back if someone was gonna beat me up. he's one of those kids that would watch the fight for 30 seconds to 1 minute before he would jump in and break it up. i guess then i could say i have no true friends at school (thats why i come here to FTE) (enough about me) i am in not smart classes and those people deserve to have just as many friends as the in crowd people or the smart ones. they might have different types of friends but thats ok. i hate when people think that you are a less person than they are. Last summer i worked at my filthy rich uncles house cleaning his 30 frame off restored cars for $100.00 a day one day a week. i ended up washing the dogs, my aunts car, my 16 year old cousins car who is the same age as me and can wash her own car, and takig out the garbage and netting the pool and brushing the dogs teeth...anyway, he treats me like hs flunky or his pee-on because i'm not in the same financial bracket as he is. i am no longer working there and am content working at ace hardware for $6.00/hr and doing small engine repair out of my garage for $20.00/hr labor. i barely make enough money, but my truck and motorcycle are paid off, and they are both full coverage insured with license plates

Old 02-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
One thing that I always tell High-school aged teens.

Don't worry too much about having LOTS of friends in HS as by the time you reach 20 yrs most of them will be off on their own starting another stage in their lives.

I was fortunate that was able to retain at least 4 GREAT friend's for at least 30+ (2 of them 40+) years.
All but one are gone now living their lives.

Old 02-13-2005, 07:06 AM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm going to be 21 in may...probably have been through some similar things like you guys have...

I never really had friends that I hung out with through much of highschool. I played hockey and always had a tough time with that because I started late, and was learning fast so all the kids would try to be mean and all to screw me up. They finally realised my sophomore year when I made the varsity team that I was here to stay, and started to respect me. I earned that respect, and by my senior year we were all close buddies. I still never hung out with them on my own, but we got enough of eachother as it was.

I've never had more than 1-2 people I hang out wtih regularly...In the last 2 years or so I've put a lot more effort into making friends, forming relationships etc etc...

I am not friends with anyone that I went to highschool with. I still talk to a few here and there...but generally no, and most of the people I talk to say the same thing. Most people go off to college and meet new people..etc etc...

I had a tougher time my freshman and sophomore year, i didn't hang out with anyone, but my trick was that I was friendly and I talked to people in class, through the halls...etc etc...I just never hung out with them or talked with them out of school. By the time junior and then senior year came, I still only hung out with one or two people, but I think by then people become a little more mature (much more noticeable senior year) and I noticed that people who I normally didn't talk to, were more friendly...and the whole "crowd"/"group" thing sorta deminished a little.

In college, people are different. Nobody knows anyone so as long as your fairly outgoing and friendly you'll make some good friends...

In highschool a lot of my effort was spent on girls...I now wish I spent less time on that and more time on trying to make friends. Now I'm more likely to put effort into a friend, and be like "hey want to go out and do something" etc etc...than I was in highschool. I wish I did that more back then because it would have made for a little better time in highschool, but whatcha gonna do...

Old 02-13-2005, 09:42 AM
fordtrucklover94
Elder User
I'm 18, moved off to college. In high school, I was not part of the in crowd. I have 4 good friends from High school. We would do anything for each other. I have yet to see one of them since the summer, all i've got from him is an email. 2 of them, I've seen a few times, and the 4th, i've seen once. Everybody that I thought were my friends in HS, I have yet to talk to any of them, except one through email every now and then. The friends you make in High School aren't guarenteed to last a lifetime. The people you meet afterwards, you have a better chance at making it a lifetime IMO. Just remember, you'll be aight, the friends you make now, make sure that they support you, and you will have a good friend there. Good luck.

Old 02-13-2005, 11:05 AM
mikebon08
Posting Guru

I still have a couple friends from all the way in junior high. Talk to one on the phone, see the other quite often. Otherwise all the friends I have, I've made in the time I've been in Wichita. You very likely will not keep seeing the same guys you went to school with. Like others have said, once you get past high school, you will all go your own ways, and it really doesn't take long to forget about them. You'll make new friends at work, college, or whatever.

Old 02-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Dariand1
Elder User
I still see maybe only a few people that I was friends with in high school and I hung out with different types of people everyday when I was in high school, I never went to school at the same time as my closest friend did cause he was 4 years above me, we met while working at a summer job and I felt that we should be friends, although my best friend can be a bit bossy and likes to have things done his way, he is a well meaning person that wants best for his friends.

Since you're from Wichita where is the best place to go watch the long freight trains go by? I actually have a map of Wichita, between Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Santa Fe I before Burlington Northern Santa Fe.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Fair 96
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You will be lucky to have 1 or 2 real friends in a lifetime besides your wife... Thats a fact......

Old 02-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Ghostgunn
Elder User
I have to agree with MIl1ion, unfortunately the effects of how we are treated, how we treat, and the social groups we follow while in high school, sometimes have a life long effect on our lives. High school, our friends in high school and events that occur in high school really don't matter after you get out of there- they only usually matter to those clicky people that have to run in packs of who's who, he wears,he makes fun of, his family owns blah, blah, blah,. - which unless you decide to stay in that setting. They should mean nothing to you after you get out. DARIAND1, no one over the internet can tell you if he or she was a good friend, that is something that you have to decide on your own. You seem like a geniune nice guy, you deserve friends, if the ones in the past are not good move on to ones that are. Looking back at high school quite frankly I wish I was never friends with the majority of people that I once called friends, I have went my path they have went there. While some people have the same friends their entire life, it is up to you to decide....When I reflect back on High school , the most popular people were really not worth knowing and the best people now were often the people no one really cared about then-- I wish I would have known that then.....

Old 02-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Dariand1
Elder User
To admit it I do kind of wished that I was never friends with some of the people who I once considered friends, I still keep in touch with some of the ones I felt was worthy enough to be my friend and some of them do think of me as a good guy, one time when I saw one of my classmates (we were both in special education), he thought of me as the 'good guy' cause I was always nice to everybody and I was always laid back about things, he didn't seem to get along with a lot of his classmates cause they were either not very nice people or mentally unstable, I still see him whenever I can, I sometimes wish that I was friends with the people who didn't have a lot of friends rather than the ones that did, they seem to appreciate people more.

I've been out of high school since 1999 and there's a part of me that doesn't want to let go of the high school days but I know that it's best to move on and focus on the people that I'm currently friends with, plus I'm a well respected guy at work cause I get along with everybody, I also perform my duties and help out my fellow teammates and customers.

Old 02-13-2005, 04:20 PM
D-ranged2.5
Senior User
First, listen to the song Konstantine by Something Corporate. Second, let it go. There's lots to life aside from friends. "True" friends. Can you really rate your friends like that? What kind of a friend does that? I used to think like that but then I got into my own life and realized how busy school and work makes you. It's great to have a few buddies around to work on your car with you and go out occasionally and all, but you can't expect that with the hectic schedules we all have, lots of people will have lots of time to devote to you, and vice versa. I learned that family is where it's at. That, and don't get offended if someone doesn't talk to you for a while, then all of the sudden wants to talk. You can't spend your entire life on the phone, you know. Be happy for what you have, since life is what you make of it. Go out and do things by yourself and just talk to random people... sometimes it seems like all the people in a certain gathering place are all good friends, but in reality they just always go there by themselves and find eachother. Good luck with all of that, and yeah, family is where it's at...

Old 02-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Dariand1
Elder User
MustangGT221,

The types of people that I favored the most were the hot looking girls that had alot of friends, I felt that I should be that kind of person, I now wish that I was more opened with who I wanted to be friends with cause I have other interests like cars, music, movies and trains.

Un-necessary Quote Removed by FTE

Old 02-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
One of my favourite old sayings was:

Be True Yourself

Old 02-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I really don't know how much some of you rely on the trivial scriblings of this old grey wolf -

But I do know ONE thing for sure:

Who you are (YOU)

- Is all that you can carry with you for the rest of your life.

- And it doesn't depend on what other people think.
- It has nothing to do with what other people say....

YOU have to live the life you were BORN to live, do nothing else.
Profanity Masking Edited out will try to convince you that you must become as they are -
This helps them, as it helps them to think that they themselves did not do wrong things in the paths that they took.

But those paths may not be right for you, and just because someone else finds them rewarding in some way

- does NOT mean you will.

You must at all times be yourself, don't believe the "Guesses" of others. Explore life on your own, see it in your own way, make your judgements based on that and by yourself, the better to make what sense of it that your own knowlege of what right and wrong really are truly means.

And act accordingly....

I honestly hope this helps you.

and do not be afraid of new adventures

It is a deep truism -

"Who can help another -
That has not helped themselves first..."

You are only here to learn what you must from your own life -
NO one else is your responsibility.

I cannot live your life for you -
You cannot live mine

THUS:
CONTROL of anyone, is ridiculous...

~Greywolf

Last edited by Greywolf; 02-13-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:41 PM
mikebon08
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Dariand1
Since you're from Wichita where is the best place to go watch the long freight trains go by?
Most of the trains I see here are intermodals and grain passing along the BNSF (Santa Fe) along K-15 (Southeast Boulevard), they go north to Newton and then northeast toward KC. BNSF also has a line from Augusta to Mulvane and it's pretty busy but I don't see it much, it's east and south of Wichita. I've had to wait on a few Union Pacific mixed freights along the old Rock Island which runs from the northeast to the south-southwest. UP's yard has a fair number of cars most of the time so I'd guess they stay busy through here. Watco handles a lot of grain around here, they run the old ATSF branch lines out to the small towns and elevators, and some of their trains are pretty impressive although I'm not sure I'd call them exactly interesting.

Quick Reply: Rejected by somebody you thought was your friend