Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Radio lights won't work

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 06:30 AM
celjel
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio lights won't work

The lights in my radio just quit working. I have checked all the fuses,and connections but can't seem to find anything wrong. Is this a pretty common thing? I have the single cd player unit in there now and don't really want to go with an aftermarket unit. If I end up needing a new raidio, does anyone have a factory unit that will fit the 99 CC DW 4X4 f-350 that they would want to sell.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:46 AM
trakman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does the radio still play? Could just be the lighting behind the face plate.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Max1775
Elder User
I have a friend that has the original out of his '99. If you find out you need it, send me a PM and I'll have him contact you.

Max

Old 02-06-2005, 01:29 PM
celjel
Senior User
I don't know what was up with it but today when I started the truck it was working again. Must be gremlins or something.

Old 02-06-2005, 01:45 PM
trakman
Elder User
Just had a tought?????

celjel....I had a 99 with a problem like yours and found the fuse under the dash panel(I think no.8?..look in book) was VERY tempermental. It was a good fuse but apparently the slots that it fit in would'nt make a good connection Had to take a small pair of needle nose pliers and put a little twist in the blades and that fixed my intermittin radio problems.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:06 AM
celjel
Senior User
Thanks Trakman, I'll check it if it happens again. It didn't seem to make a difference the other day when I pulled the fuse and checked it, but I can see where that may do it.

Old 02-07-2005, 09:33 AM
trakman
Elder User
Yes celjel, I had messed with that fuse for along time. It acts like it has a sung fit but was just something about it that it just wouldn't make contact. The little twist on the spades fixed the problem. Keep us posted....good luck.

Old 02-11-2005, 10:17 PM
dabluox
New User
Thumbs up

I had exactlly the same prob with my 99 with the single disk player. The radio worked fine but no lights at all. I took it into a auto radio repair shop here in Las Vegas. They removed the radio and replaced something in it and it worked for about two months then went out again. I was told that this might happen and if it did a "power supply" inside the radio would have to be replaced. I took another trip but the new fix did the trick. Suggest you go to a good auto radio shop and have it looked at evidently the peope in the business are aware of this problem. Hope this helps.