Sponsored by: DP Tuner

$1.oo qt bottles of diesel oil at Walmart

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 04:33 PM
BlueMonster
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$1.oo qt bottles of diesel oil at Walmart

I was at a Walmart in Baltimore today when I noticed a few brands of 15w40 diesel oil at $1.00 per quart( Motor Craft, Valvoline Premium Blue and gallon jugs of Rotella 10w30 for $3.00). The clerk stated that the store would stop carrying the Motor Craft oils, I didn't ask about the Valvoline Blue or Rotella 10w30. The clerk also said the store would only stock Rotella and Dello diesel oils at this point. I would like to know how to find the Gallon jugs of Motor Craft 15w40 oil at a decent price, even the dealer near me didn't have gallon jugs of 15w40. They did charge $2.62 per quart ( I didn't buy it).

BlueMonster

Old 02-05-2005, 04:37 PM
1997F-350
Postmaster
[QUOTE=BlueMonster]I was at a Walmart in Baltimore today when I noticed a few brands of 15w40 diesel oil at $1.00 per quart( Motor Craft, Valvoline Premium Blue and gallon jugs of Rotella 10w30 for $3.00). The clerk stated that the store would stop carrying the Motor Craft oils, I didn't ask about the Valvoline Blue or Rotella 10w30. The clerk also said the store would only stock Rotella and Dello diesel oils at this point. I would like to know how to find the Gallon jugs of Motor Craft 15w40 oil at a decent price, even the dealer near me didn't have gallon jugs of 15w40. They did charge $2.62 per quart ( I didn't buy it).

who cares about gallon jugs when you could get the stuff for 1.00 dollar a quart. buy as much as you can as it sounds like your brand.

Old 02-05-2005, 04:41 PM
BlueMonster
Junior User
Talking

Problem is they only had 9 bottles left, I need at least 4-5 more.

Old 02-05-2005, 05:55 PM
bobcatv8
Senior User
Ford has stopped selling all Motorcraft products to Wallyworld. That is most likely why you are seeing the blow out pricing. Got that from my Ford rep last week.

Old 02-05-2005, 06:43 PM
warrens250
Senior User
Be sure that 10/30 is diesel rated.

Old 02-05-2005, 07:08 PM
BlueMonster
Junior User
The 10w30 is diesel rated, it is Shell Rotella. Is Ford going to discontiue selling the Motor Craft filters to Walmart. The $10.00 price for the FL1995 is a great price.

Old 02-05-2005, 10:08 PM
jcgswp
Senior User
Originally Posted by BlueMonster
The 10w30 is diesel rated, it is Shell Rotella. Is Ford going to discontiue selling the Motor Craft filters to Walmart. The $10.00 price for the FL1995 is a great price.
They told me at my local Walmart that they would not be stocking Motor Craft products any longer. I bought the all of their remaining FL1995 filters.

Old 02-05-2005, 10:38 PM
wycowboy
Elder User
is the cheveron /dello oil a good oil or should i stick with the rotella-t? I saw a great price on the cheveron. thanks J

Old 02-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Fire Rooster
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I run the cheveron Delo. It is a good oil to use,.

On another note the reason Ford is dicontinuing to do buisness with Wal-mart and Sam's club is alot of the same reasons that Firemen are also boycotting them as well. Wal-mart is basically anti-American! They advertise their products as American made etc. They lie. they are one of the leading companies that run sweat shops and poor work conditions for third world countries. Not only does this hurt that third world country it takes jobs from American people. They campaign and lobby against homeland security and are anti military. They refuse to allow their employees to unionize and bring very little money into the U.S. economy. Proven fact wherever a Wal-mart goes up, crime goes up by 30% in the local area.

I for one refuse to do business with such an Anti-American, hipocritical company. I will keep my money in Amercian hands and families as much as possible. I support Ford Motor Corp. and Firemen, and will continue to boycott the *******s.

Fire Rooster

Old 02-05-2005, 11:01 PM
wycowboy
Elder User
Thanks fire rooster, and feel the same way about Wal-mart. They wont get a dime from me even if I have to pay more some where else.!!

Old 02-05-2005, 11:05 PM
RedTaurus94
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah....what Rooster said.

And ******* is a NICE way to put it. WalMart has a nasty habit of forcing manufacturing companies to meet WalMart's price instead of pricing based on cost to make, or losing their WalMart account. This tends to drive these smaller companies out of business. I really don't think this is what Sam Walton had in mind.........

Old 02-06-2005, 03:01 AM
Crumm
Elder User
Originally Posted by Fire Rooster
Proven fact wherever a Wal-mart goes up, crime goes up by 30% in the local area.
Fire Rooster
Say it isn't so . We just got a Wal-Mart here a short time ago. I hope we don't get a crime wave.
I did go in there and buy a dozen Motorcraft filters when I heard Ford wasn't going to sell to them anymore but other than that I haven't been in there much. There stuff seems way too low of quality for me.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:01 AM
1997F-350
Postmaster
Exclamation

Originally Posted by jcgswp
They told me at my local Walmart that they would not be stocking Motor Craft products any longer. I bought the all of their remaining FL1995 filters.
i to did this and even posted it but a few days later while in advance auto parts what do you know the fl1995 for $9.48. so that is where i will be buying from now on.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:21 AM
jcgswp
Senior User
Thanks 1997F-350, I didn't realize their prices were that low. I'll head their when my stockpile runs out.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:25 AM
skuteman
Elder User
Originally Posted by Fire Rooster
I run the cheveron Delo. It is a good oil to use,.

On another note the reason Ford is dicontinuing to do buisness with Wal-mart and Sam's club is alot of the same reasons that Firemen are also boycotting them as well. Wal-mart is basically anti-American! They advertise their products as American made etc. They lie. they are one of the leading companies that run sweat shops and poor work conditions for third world countries. Not only does this hurt that third world country it takes jobs from American people. They campaign and lobby against homeland security and are anti military. They refuse to allow their employees to unionize and bring very little money into the U.S. economy. Proven fact wherever a Wal-mart goes up, crime goes up by 30% in the local area.

I for one refuse to do business with such an Anti-American, hipocritical company. I will keep my money in Amercian hands and families as much as possible. I support Ford Motor Corp. and Firemen, and will continue to boycott the *******s.

Fire Rooster
.................I'm sorry , but I DON"T accept the rationale that the reason that Ford QUIT selling their filters and such to WMt. , was because they're worried about those poor slobs working in the Chinese Sweatshops . IF , that was the Case , Ford would have QUIT Doing Business with W\M several years back . What DOES make sense is that the Auto Parts Stores have been Whinning to Ford about a 10 buck price for their Diesel Filter at W\M when the Auto Parts places want to sell them for 20 bucks a POP . PURE Economics and Nothing Else . Same reason that Honda RV generator dealers don't Advertise their Genset prices on the Internet .....Too much knowledge in the Hands of the Consumer is down right dangerous for ANY Company that Can't ...or...Won't compete . sk

Quick Reply: $1.oo qt bottles of diesel oil at Walmart