1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1956 ford truck...clubs wanted

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 02:56 AM
56friend
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1956 ford truck...clubs wanted

Hello,
My friend's birthday is coming up and I thought it would be a fantastic birthday gift to do something related to the 1956 ford that she inherited. Her father left it to her when he passed away a couple of years ago & she's anxious to start restoring it. She has all the parts she needs but I thought it would be cool if I could find a group or club or something to join if anyone knows of any (especially if there's a club specifically for a '56).
Can't wait to hear from someone (her birthday is on the 4th of February)

Last edited by 56friend; 01-26-2005 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:36 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Welcome Tauni...to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! If you have a minute check out the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand FTE. Also....There are General forums, Tech Forums for Both SPECIFIC Year Truck & Systems forums, ClubFTE related forums, Regional Chapter forums & a Test forum for testing things. Surf FTE and find what you like. Stick around someone will be by shortly...to answer your question.

We are pleased you have chosen the best source for Fords!
See you on the boards.
Enjoy FTE …..

...MOVED....

Old 01-26-2005, 06:22 AM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tauni, the best thing your friend could do is get registered here on this site. The information on restoration here comes from all over the world, from people who know what they are doing based on long experience... and who are alot of fun. This is the place to be for keeping up with our old trucks... there is nothing else quite like it. best. himmelberg

Old 01-26-2005, 08:28 AM
ranger pat
Cargo Master
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Check on the Hemmings web site under clubs. It lets you search under; state, make, model, etc. I have used it to locate clubs in the areas that I will be traveling.

Old 01-26-2005, 10:45 AM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Here's a website with all the truck clubs on it. Just click on your state, and it will give you a number of local clubs for trucks in your area.
http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs.asp

Old 01-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi Tauni,

As far as clubs go, it's great if you can find some local folks to talk with or even help out. Whether you find a local club or not, this site is by far the most useful for folks trying to redo or restore their trucks. I'm not saying there aren't other good sites. It's just that you'll usually find someone here that can direct you to virtially any of the other sites based on your specific questions.

On top of great information, the people here are great fun and a little crazy. You'll get teased, and have a shoulder to cry on if you need it when that "stupid" truck won't work. A lot of us have been there.

There are several routes to take in "redoing" a truck. Stock restoration, modified restoration, street rod, and lots in between. At the risk of having fruit thrown at me, check out Earl's World which describes my hapless attempts to restore my 1956 F-250, "Earl". It will give you and your friend some idea of what might be involved along with other information.

Welcome aboard! Always great to have new folks get involved in this insane habit of old trucks.

Old 01-26-2005, 05:44 PM
56friend
New User
Wink thank you

Thank you everyone for your reply's and wonderful suggestions. My friend is a little bit stubborn in that she won't sign-up on any computer things for fear of viruses, etc. But I will definately try to get her to sign-up herself! I have been trying to get her to start working on her truck for the last couple years but she had every excuse in the book of why she couldn't, so finally I hooked her up with a part-time job (another friend of mine is a mechanic and owns a shop) so she has been working for him two days a week and it's been perfect because she is finally getting her feet wet again and loving it! But actually it wasn't until the other day that a freshly restored 56 came into the shop for some work and now she is totally inspired again! Yeah, her dreams are finally alive again! She always talked about the truck before her dad passed away (not knowing that he would be leaving the truck to her) but when he died it became a bitter sweet kind of thing. I better jump on this and get her involved somehow while she's got the taste in her mouth! Thank you again! Earl's story is fantastic! I am going to e-mail her that website to look at if that's ok... Anyone else that has a website or a story for her to follow, please share it, that's what will really get her hooked I think. Once she actually begins the restoration I am sure she will sign-up on this FTE! Thanks!

Old 01-26-2005, 10:14 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
Hi Tauni. One good way to follow the hobby and see what others are doing is to look at the galleries. This will show a lot of before,during and after pics. You can filter by state and year. Lot o fun too. Might motivate your friend and maybe even you. Good luck. PS: also tell your friend about Norton anti virus so that she will join in....

Old 01-27-2005, 08:00 AM
56friend
New User
i've really enjoyed the galleries, thanks for the suggestion! Also, I've just sent her the link to Earl's world, we will see if she bites on that.

Old 01-27-2005, 05:24 PM
Keahi73
Senior User
Welcome! THIS is one of the (if not THE) best resource for her on the net! What part of California are you from? I believe thats what is in your profile. I am part of the Northern CA F100 Elites. We have many chapters. And if you are in SoCal, try Pickups Limited. Let me know if I can help!

Old 01-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Renee, hardly ever hear from you. Glad to see you are still hanging around the FTE bullpen!

Old 01-27-2005, 06:37 PM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Keahi- The club in So California is known as Pickups Unlimited. They have several chapters. The Burbank Chapter is no longer a chapter. The Ventura Co. Chapter is very big. They have a website also. The Orange County Chapter has a F100 Supernationals event once a year that is pretty good. I've met several of their members and they are great guys.

Old 01-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Keahi73
Senior User
smacks self on forehead! d'OH! i KNEW that. I swear. UNlimited. LOL! Yep, our club and theirs put on the North South Run as well.

Hi George! I'm still here! Been busy on the road working, trying to create my own custom door panels, and playing around with a 55 Buick.

Old 02-18-2005, 12:02 AM
56friend
New User
Well, she liked Earl's site! It did give her more of an idea of all that is involved but she's still stuck in that she just needs someone to come and give her a swift kick in the head (well actually somewhere else but I don't think we can say things like that on here). She's convinced that there are still too many things holding her back, so I guess it will stay as a dream for now ...thanks anyway everyone! We are in So.Cal.(San Diego North County) Please keep me up to date if anyone hears of any truck shows or anything of that sort that I should take her to!

Last edited by 56friend; 02-18-2005 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Keahi73
Senior User
The club in So Cal IS called Pickups Limited. Check out their site www.pickupslimited.com Check out the newsletter, as there are a coupld events coming up.

I am part of the North South Committee this year, and we just got back from a meeting. We plan on bringing back the old style meet, and have a TON of things planned. I will be posting more later. Maybe you 2 can make it...It is in Santa Maria this August. Nothing BUT Ford TRUCKS.

Quick Reply: 1956 ford truck...clubs wanted