Sponsored by: DP Tuner

HX Mod Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Roamineye
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HX Mod Question

I ordered the HX Mod from Diesel Innovations early this week for my "new" 97 F350 PSD CC 4x4. It arrived day-before-yesterday (great service!). Unfortunately, I ordered it without looking at the engine. When I went out this evening to survey the install, I found that the #5 port has a line that runs from the high pressure pump outlet block. I believe the normal connection point for this line is the #3 port, which on my truck is plugged. Since the HX Mod is supposed to connect between the #5 and #6 ports, I'm kinda stumped. I'm wondering whether this may have been done to serve the same purpose as the HX Mod? I'd appreciate any advice....

Thanks,
Keith

Old 01-01-2005, 09:17 PM
ltfox
Posting Guru
You have to move the HP inlet at the #5 hole forward to the #3 hole and then the jumper will go between the 5 and 6 holes.

Old 01-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Roamineye
Senior User
Wink HX Mod Question

Originally Posted by ltfox
You have to move the HP inlet at the #5 hole forward to the #3 hole and then the jumper will go between the 5 and 6 holes.
Thanks, Itfox - I kinda figured on having to do that if I install the mod. I was wondering whether anyone had seen this done instead of installing the mod. Maybe moving the high pressure line to #5 from #3 serves the same purpose as the HX Mod? Just curious....

Old 01-01-2005, 11:15 PM
arninetyes
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Roamineye
I was wondering whether anyone had seen this done instead of installing the mod. Maybe moving the high pressure line to #5 from #3 serves the same purpose as the HX Mod? Just curious....
No. Apparently, the HX mod is designed to alleviate a lack of oil at the number 8 cylinder, because 8 fires immediately after 6, leaving a slight lack of oil for injector pressure when 8 fires. The HX mod adds a little bit more oil for better No. 8 injector operation.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Roamineye
Senior User
Originally Posted by arninetyes
No. Apparently, the HX mod is designed to alleviate a lack of oil at the number 8 cylinder, because 8 fires immediately after 6, leaving a slight lack of oil for injector pressure when 8 fires. The HX mod adds a little bit more oil for better No. 8 injector operation.
OK - thanks for the replies. I'll have to replace the line that's connected to the #5 port with a shorter one. It looks like someone must have put it there because of the length of the line they had on-hand at the time. It'll be too long to curl it around to #3.

Old 01-02-2005, 02:51 PM
ltfox
Posting Guru
I just looped it up and put into #3 hole. It seems a little stiff but I've had no trouble. Thats how most do it also.

Old 01-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Roamineye
Senior User
Originally Posted by ltfox
I just looped it up and put into #3 hole. It seems a little stiff but I've had no trouble. Thats how most do it also.
Oh - I guess this shows just how green I am - I thought the #5 port should be plugged and that the high pressure line went to #3 normally. So if it won't hurt to loop it and put it in #3, I'll just get on with it when my new turbo wheel comes in. Thanks again!

Keith