Sponsored by: Moser

Factory Plow Package??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 11:30 PM
highboy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Factory Plow Package??

I was doin some searching on this forum and some stuff on "snow fighter" and "snow commander" packages came up. this got me thinking cause the truck i have (75 F250 4x4) did have a plow on it but the previous owner put it on another truck before givin it to me. it appears all the plow stuff was bolted on as there are no weld/cut marks on the frame, and a small peice of the dash was cut out. along with the power steering pump being absent. the wiring for the plow lights was still in it and it had ford style connectors on it. so was a factory plow option available in 75? or was it added later? does anyone have pictures of the factory plow if it does exist? oh yeah, the plow that came off of it was a fisher speed cast i think. thanks

Old 12-31-2004, 12:39 AM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the term "snow commander"' is my fault, my memory is bad and i couldnt remember the name, "snow fighter"is the proper package name, as far as it being an option on a 75, i dont know if they were called that then, but im sure you could buy a ford with a plow long before that.....my F-250 is a snow fighter(pic in gallery) didnt have a plow when i got it either, i would also like to see a picture of what it might have looked like......i might refit one someday, not much call for them in oklahoma though......it only snows once or twice a year here if we are lucky, man i miss PA...thats where my truck came from.....it was a Penn-DOT plow.....BTW, did your rig come with upper cab lights? i understand that was a snow fighter option along with front and rear sway bars......

Old 12-31-2004, 06:26 AM
mpcrewcab
Senior User
most of these plow packages then also came with the Dana 60 front axle that so many of us desire. They are getting harder to find though here in Wisconsin.

Old 12-31-2004, 12:14 PM
highboy
Senior User
Question

Yes it did have clearance lights on top of the cab when i got it, and i'm pretty sure its got a dana 60 in the front, with open knuckles and disc brakes. however there is no sway bars on it. also the original rad was probably 3-4 inches wider than the one i replaced it with.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:02 PM
snowfighter
Elder User
Mine has dual 60's, sway bars and heavier springs along with cab lights and high out put heater.

Old 12-31-2004, 07:24 PM
edgxrcr
New User
A little O.T. but does anyone have a pic of the original "snow fighter" sticker/decal that would have been on some of the trucks? I have searched here w/ no luck. I also tried local hoppy shops to see if they had models. There used to be one here in town (Erie PA) but the guy moved. I'm redoing one and I would like to find a pic of the sticker so I can have them made.

Old 12-31-2004, 09:04 PM
supercab4x4dually
Senior User
I have a Plow pump,Hydrulic tank,4-way valve,and rod's that mounted under under dash with a OEM sticker just above them saying what one's for what.I don't have the sticker couse it went with the truck it came off of.But im 99% sure this is all stuff from a snowfighter option.If interested send me a pm.

Old 01-01-2005, 03:14 AM
mark a.
Lead Driver
Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
My 79 f250 said snow patrol on the bed sides.

Old 01-01-2005, 01:29 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Originally Posted by edgxrcr
A little O.T. but does anyone have a pic of the original "snow fighter" sticker/decal that would have been on some of the trucks? I have searched here w/ no luck. I also tried local hoppy shops to see if they had models. There used to be one here in town (Erie PA) but the guy moved. I'm redoing one and I would like to find a pic of the sticker so I can have them made.
there was either two in Erie or i have the one your talking about,although im sure there were more than one though, my sisters father lives there, and i got mine from him.....it still had a bed on it when i got it though...i have a pic of it in my gallery....i would also like to see the decal, they painted over mine.....i remember him saying something along the lines of "snow patrol", would be cool to know so i could have it airbrushed back on after i paint it.....

Old 01-01-2005, 02:50 PM
ranger429
Logistics Pro
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
This is from the '79 FORD light truck facts book. Hope this will help out some. They also give no metion of any sticker or identifying marks.

Name:  1snowplowpackage.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  163.3 KB

Old 01-01-2005, 05:08 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
hey thanx man, thats awesome....where do i find that book? and how much is it?

Old 01-01-2005, 05:09 PM
highboy
Senior User
Hey thanks for posting that ad, thats pretty interesting! Them "snow patrol" stickers would be pretty cool to see. Now the fact that this truck don't have sway bars on it is makin me think its probably not a factory plw truck, since i can't imagine anyone takin them off, as it appeared it hauled a pickup bed camper at one time. and i don't think it had a high output heater.

Old 01-01-2005, 07:59 PM
ranger429
Logistics Pro
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SwOKcOffRoader
where do i find that book? and how much is it?
Hmmm, I found this one on ebay for $29.00 at a buy it now price. It was only listed for 21 minutes when I found it. I believe this is a book that went to a dealer to "sell" the trucks with what the customer wanted to put on it. This book covers all of the 79 lineup from the ranchero, bronco, courier, all F-series and the econoline van. I would bet you won't be able to get one unless it was the same way I picked this one up. It is an excellent book to look back to for references as to what came on these trucks for that year from the factory.

Old 01-03-2005, 07:18 PM
edgxrcr
New User
SwOKcOffRoader, The truck I'm thinking of was still in Erie last I new. I'm 99% sure that "Snow Patrol" was the sticker on the one I seen. It was white w/ red stickers and red interior.

Old 01-10-2005, 12:09 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Originally Posted by edgxrcr
SwOKcOffRoader, The truck I'm thinking of was still in Erie last I new. I'm 99% sure that "Snow Patrol" was the sticker on the one I seen. It was white w/ red stickers and red interior.

ahh i see, definitly not mine, according to my build sheet i got from Ford, mine was "dark bright blue metallic exterior and interior" i was told it had that same sticker on it some time ago, but who knows when that was....thanx for your reply.........

Quick Reply: Factory Plow Package??