Sponsored by:

how do i get to the st helens mud bog in Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 06:37 PM
muddyford75
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wanted to go watch the boys rip there trucks apart so can anyone give me direction. also tell me what ur driving so if i go i can look for ur rig. oh yeah and is it all weekend and do we have to pay? thanks

Old 12-30-2004, 08:48 PM
JeremyH
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by muddyford75
This would probably work:

Man, I am killing tonight!

Old 12-30-2004, 09:02 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're in luck: http://www.fordtrucks.com/forums/sho...04#post2265904

My trucks hard to miss.

Old 01-03-2005, 08:14 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
If Pro puts down the Xbox for a few minutes he might post some great pics of the carnage witnessed this weekend. If he e-mails me the video of his run through the tank trap tonight I'll post it up. There were some really crazy idiots there Saturday that were probably more dangerous than anything but once we left the event everyone felt much safer. I almost got run over and we buried Superbeast up the the bumpers (41" bumpers!). All in all it was a good time and probably the wickedest mud I've ever seen. It poured rain the whole day before the bog and most of Saturday too so it made for some great slop. Next year the Cap'n will be ready.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:47 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well you guys are just gonna have to learn the trick to keep from burying your trucks BIGGER tires, and MORE horsepower, if ya buried it you aint big enough yet. gotta get MORE

Old 01-04-2005, 12:29 AM
muddyford75
Junior User
yes i would love to see pictures and even a video clip if u got one. Also i was wondering is this place open for wheelin year around (Wilark Park) i think its called. i would really like to go give a shot if its open thanks

Old 01-04-2005, 12:49 AM
proeliator
Post Fiend
I sent some video to Ivan so hopefully he can figure out how to post it. I'll get some pics together and put them up here in the next day or so. That place is on private property and they only are open during the wet season. The next mud bog is on Jan. 22nd. By my last run there were big trucks with big horse getting stuck on 44" boggers. I didn't figure I had a good chance. But when you have people telling you "If any truck here can make it yours can!" you tend to do stupid things. Besides, I knew Ivan really wanted the opportunity to jump out in the middle of the tank trap and hook my ****** strap up. I guess he just didn't realize the mud was up to my bumpers at that point Neither did I untill I tried to open my door. Nobody was able to make it through after my stuck, untill a big crazy rig on rockwells and 44" boggers took his boggers off and screwed on 54" ag tires. Then he walked on through. As soon as I buy my shop and I've got the room to go nuts its AWN! I can't have somebody able to go through a hole I got stuck in!

Old 01-04-2005, 01:33 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
I'll get the vid posted tomorrow. Here's a few pictures in the meantime:

The entrance to this grand land of the nastiest mud ever:

The tank trap first thing in the morning before it got nasty:

And believe it or not I even got one of Pro's truck muddy!!! It's not a mall crawler after all.

Links to a few more, here's what happens when you underestimate how nasty that pit is:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...oid=65117&.jpg

This is the ONLY truck to make it through the tank trap after we buried Pro's truck. Originally he had 44" boggers but he wouldn't attempt it after he saw what was happening to everyone else. Those are 54" tires:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...oid=65120&.jpg

I wish I could have gotten a picture of Superbeast stuck in the pit because it was crazy to see a truck that big buried so deep. I know the rear bumper is over 40" high and the mud was up to the bottom of it. We came to a DEAD stop so I got out and found that all 4 boggers were off the ground and the truck was just sitting on axles and frame. It took several HARD pulls to make it budge. Good times.

Old 01-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Djoffroad
Senior User
Ok, now I'm homesick

Old 01-04-2005, 09:49 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Djoffroad
Ok, now I'm homesick
Yeah, that second picture almost looks like it could be you but the driver isn't beating the holy living #$%^ out of his truck. The whole day I kept thinking of that video where you sucked in all the water. There's some killer places to wheel there in Oregon. Wish we had that here in Spokane.

Old 01-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Good god...

That is the most wonderful thing I have ever seen.

Pro...I think your truck looks best covered in mud. I've never seen mud that color before though....

Old 01-04-2005, 08:45 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Saurian
Pro...I think your truck looks best covered in mud. I've never seen mud that color before though....
Saurian you really need to get out of Iowa once in awhile, but in the mean time I got 4 swampers sittin here I bet we could get under your truck, and get you into the mud drag pit this next year, I bet your truck would look great covered in mud too.

Old 01-05-2005, 02:11 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Okay, got the video (finally ) of Pro's first tank trap run from when we got to the bog Saturday morning. Don't forget to crank your volume . . . don't want to miss that sweet sound. St Helens Tank Trap

Last edited by ivanribic; 01-05-2005 at 02:17 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:26 AM
tellico racing
Posting Guru
That was sweet!!! Truck sounds really good.....Was that Ivan giggling at the end of the vid?

Old 01-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Djoffroad
Senior User
That was sweet

Quick Reply: how do i get to the st helens mud bog in Oregon