Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 04:35 PM
LBell101
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on Purchase

Hi,

I'm looking at a 98 E350 with what I think is the 7.3 Diesel. The truck has
108,000 miles on it and is a bank repo. So, of course, noone has any history info about it.
I went to look at it today but was unable to get it started. They just put a new battery in it yesterday but it seemed a lttle weak. Not real bad though, it did crank for a while. Now, it was 9 degrees F at the time.
My question is... is this normal? Are they hard to start in the cold like the older ones are? What's the procedure for cold starting other than waiting to the light to turn off?
Thanks!

Larry

Old 12-22-2004, 04:40 PM
Mustangfreak
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LBell101
Hi,

I'm looking at a 98 E350 with what I think is the 7.3 Diesel. The truck has
108,000 miles on it and is a bank repo. So, of course, noone has any history info about it.
I went to look at it today but was unable to get it started. They just put a new battery in it yesterday but it seemed a lttle weak. Not real bad though, it did crank for a while. Now, it was 9 degrees F at the time.
My question is... is this normal? Are they hard to start in the cold like the older ones are? What's the procedure for cold starting other than waiting to the light to turn off?
Thanks!

Larry
I plug my truck in everynight and it doesnt have a prob starting up, and my batteries are dieng.