Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Fbina109

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 09:46 PM
FBINA109
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fbina109

Our local paper (Western Montana) has been running ads for a company that makes what they call a condensator. www.condensatorsales.com. Has anyone used one of these, if so what results? If not maybe some of you who are better versed in these topics could check it out. I figured out the other day that if I put on everything advertised for my truck it would go 200 MPH and get 89 MPG, based on the advertising claims.

1999.5: F250, 4X4, Auto, X-Cab, Long Box, banks Bighead, Banks Trans-Command, Gauges.

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you can read this in English thank a soldier. In memory of Spec, James Wolf 1982-2003 U.S. Army

Old 12-16-2004, 10:26 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 789 Likes on 601 Posts
I've seen those before, don't buy it. The one that I had sitting around the shop several years ago was for old carburated gassers that didn't have a PCV system in place. In a nutshell it was a mayonnaise jar with a special lid that had a screen on it. The crankcase fumes were routed through the screened lid and condensation would collect in the jar before the fumes were routed to the intake. It was supposed to separate the water vapor from the fumes in the crankcase, and to it's defence, it did the job ok on the one car that I saw it installed on.
You can get it if you want but I doubt you'll ever find any water condensation in the jar. I gets hot enough in the crankcase to boil off any H2O that might end up there.
It is far more effective on a gas engine due to the fact that a lot of water vapor is generated in the combustion process. I am not sure on this but I think that diesel exhaust has a lot less water vapor in it and it get shot right out the exhaust valve due to the very lean fuel air ratio that the diesel engine operates with.