1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Rear Lowering question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 01:20 PM
gray0072
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Rear Lowering question.

98 SuperCab 2.3 5-SPD 2WD Red W/Crud Brown Int.

I did some searching and found some great info, mostly here, but I have a couple questions? I've found exactly how to lower the front like I want, just 2", I'll use DJM coil springs and an allignment kit. What do I need for the rear so that it will match and be level? Also I understand that new shocks are a must, but since I'm doing such a mild drop do I need the allignment kit,or will adjusting camber not be a concern for me? Thanks in advance for your replies! Here's a little nugget from my web favorites for your trouble: www.thezeb.com

Great selection on name brand audio, check out there 30 day money back guarantee with no restocking fees! Very cool!

Last edited by gray0072; 12-14-2004 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:48 PM
racsan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i know if you raise the front 2" you need the camber bushings, so it only makes sense to me that if you lower by 2" you would need to adjust camber as well. not shure about lowering the rear, but maybe longer shackles would work or running the leaves under the axle like the explorers are set up. (may be alot more work than longer shackles though) good luck!

Old 12-15-2004, 04:28 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
When I lowered my late departed '99 three inches all around, I used Belltech springs with an aleignment kit, and Toxoc shocks all around.
Dono

Old 12-15-2004, 05:58 PM
RoushRacen
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first drop I did was a 2/3 drop by DJM. The kit is rather cheap and easy to install. Yes you should install the alignment adjusters when you are puting in the front coils, it'll save you money and the guy aligning your truck will be very happy. The rear part of the uses an axle flip bracket and a longer shackle to bring it back up some. I was wondering about the shock issue to but after the kit was on I measured the shocks travel and you can still use your stock shocks. I did however change the rear shocks for a set of gabriel airshocks so I can hall stuff if needed. Hope this helps.