Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

A certain neighbor & my 95 F350 PSD

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 01:31 PM
eyyu
Bricks & PSD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry A certain neighbor & my 95 F350 PSD

Problems with the county (certain neighbor too) concerning my beloved 95 F350 PSD with dump bed

fficeffice" /><O></O>

We live on a 1.51 acre property with lots of mature trees next to those $400K new Villa homes on 0.11 acre lot. We are recently contacted by the county code inspector investigating a complain from some neighbor. The alleged complain is about “ wood chipper noise from commercial activity on my property”. When the inspector came to my house, he told me that we can’t have a commercial “dump truck” and a 10’ trailer on a residential property. I convinced him that all the chipping done is from trees on the property and I do have the legal right to do so any day between 8am and 5pm. Beside driving my Big Red Truck to work everyday (I’m a research scientist with Pfizer research and development in St. Louis MO), I do use it and my 6’ chipper to do some tree work for friends and relatives in town, of course for some money too. I’m in the process of convincing the county that I do have the right to own a pick up truck (though with a dump bed and a loud diesel engine, it’s still a pick up) on my property according to the county code. I’m pretty positive that it will be all right at the end. However, the slightest thought of losing the driving privilege of that beautiful truck just make me sick and wanting to CRYYYYYY. Look at that truck (in the Profile)!!! Show me some support guys, will you?

Last edited by eyyu; 12-08-2004 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Hey man that blows!! Hopefully everything will turn out o.k. for you.... worst comes to worse.... you can allways "relocate" those 400K villa homes Via. your truck!! My neighbors hate me also.... (and they will even more after i got for dual exhuast next week!) but tough.... i don't really like any of them anyways.... other people just don't understand us.... I mean i don't want to sound like an
Masked Profanity edited by FTE.... and believe me some of them do like the truck.... but alot of people have no respect for us eather!! Anyways good luck with everything man!! hope everything turns out allright!

Choose Other Words

Old 12-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Go get a burn permit and smoke them out with your fallen limbs and leaves every couple of months.

Too many people forget what the Constitution and Bill of Rights say.

I will also bet you were there first.

Old 12-10-2004, 07:42 AM
Hubs2000
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats lousy. Neighbors can suck. Reminds me of a neighbors troubles...
I live in SE Massachusetts, what used to be a "rural farming community" - that was about 150 years ago. Now its all residential homes on 1/2 acre lots.
One neighbor had a dog that barked every night for a few hours. Another neighbor complained for a couple of weeks, then ended up losing his mind one night, and shot the dog. Big feud broke out, lots of money changed hands, cruelty to animal complaints etc. Later, to tick off his gun toting neigbor the guy got himself another dog... and PIGS! He actually setup half his yard as a little pig community. I don't mind dogs, but the pigs actually stunk, and were noisy. I'm a relocated city dweller, so I wasn't to keen on the Pigs either.
Two years later, and several lawsuits, it ended up in the Massachusetts supreme court. The guy with the pigs won. They ruled the town was established as a farming community, therefor there was a reasonable expectation that anyone who lived here would have farm animals.

I wish you luck man. I don't suppose your town was originally established as a logging community eh?

Old 12-12-2004, 07:14 PM
hoxiii
Postmaster
Here's the question, is the truck registered as a commercial vehicle or as a private vehicle? If it's registered private they can't do squat, if it's registered commercial then they have a place to stand. I have a neighbor with a '98 GMC diesel dually that another neighbor complained about because that thing is hella loud when he starts it up on a cold morning. Even though it has 18K plates on it, it's still registered as a private vehicle. City couldn't do anything.

Justin

Old 12-13-2004, 10:18 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that's why I'm glad my closest neighbor is a half mile away, and a farm too, they make as much noise as I do... and I can get away with as many vehicles as I want parked out here...

Old 12-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Level2
Posting Guru
When I had my 97 PSD with strait pipe 3.5" exhaust my neighbor used to complain in the mornings when I would fire it up and let it warm up for about 10 minutes. Luckily though he is my friend and didnt make a big stink about it. Not to mention all those poor people that live in my apartment building that had to listen to that thing run outside their windows at 5:00 am LOL. But I live in a small town of about 4,500 people where most of the land around us is farm land. Dang I miss my big truck!!!! It was a beauty. 1997 F-350 4X4 PSD reg cab. 5 spd. White with diamond plate all around the bed and a big Knack WeatherGuard tool box and DeeZee stainless step bars. Now I drive a little 2004 Ranger FX4 Level II which is a nice truck but I really miss my big diesel. I had a SCT 80 hp tune and Banks 3" stainless downpipe and an AFE intake kit. Im getting all misty eyed just thinkin bout it....now I'm depressed. :-(

Old 12-24-2004, 01:48 PM
460429_freak
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ahhh another reason I love the country 40 acres neighbors are all semi truck drivers I don't copmplain when there refregerator trucks run all night and they don't complain when I tunning up the stock car at 11 pm

Old 12-26-2004, 01:28 PM
fordspokenhere
Freshman User
Just avoid the compelling need to tell them to take a long walk on a short pier and run over their chebby instead

Old 12-30-2004, 07:44 PM
eyyu
Bricks & PSD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks, guys for your support. The truck IS registered as personal vehcle and the security officer in Pfizer (the company I work for) will prove that I did drive that big thing to work everyday! The county decided not to pursue my truck any more, instead they requesting me to remove my 16' trailer. Erwin